Rulebook available online?

This is what we do.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Rulebook available online?

Post by Jetmugg »

I just ordered a paper copy of the rifle silhouette rulebook from the NRA. Is the rulebook available anywhere online?

SteveM.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

Go to the following link and you'll find a rule synopsis

At the top of the page, immediately uder the title is a link to complete rules in pdf format

http://www.cfrpc.com/Smallbore/smallbor ... _rules.htm

Ken
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

That's a good resource but there are at least a couple of ? areas in it:

Under SBHR (e) on bbls, AFAIK the bbl MAY now be 'varmint' style (whatever that means) as long as it tapers. Also, tuners are NOT permitted in SBHR.

You really need the current NRA publication -- and then you need to await final (board) confirmation of last fall's committee decisions. That should happen later this month.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Thanks for the info.

Post by Jetmugg »

Thanks for the link and info guys. I got my '05 NRA rulebook in the mail earlier this week. I'm looking forward to "getting my feet wet" very soon.

SteveM.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

2003 Revised Rule Book

Post by GTKF »

The link matches the rule book I have, revised 2003, which I got Jan 2005. Is there a newer rule out?

Ken
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

GTKF,

I'm pretty sure that the word 'varmit' was removed from the bbl proscription and NRA clarified that tuners (BOSS?) were permitted only on CF bbls after the 04 committee mtgs. There just haven't been any updated printings.

I argued FOR tuners on SB hunters since IMO tuners are NOT needed in CFH -- where we CAN use them (and where we can easily & simply adjust loads to tune the ammo) -- and they're proscribed in SBH -- where we can't do anything about ammo except chase lots. That, to me, is backward.
The committee shot down my suggestion. :roll:

The 'varmit' thing was really made obsolete when it was decided that any tapered bbl met the rule as long as you could make weight. (AFAIK, a 'bull' bbl is 'sort of' defined as a non-tapered, heavy bbl...although I don't know that I've ever seen an 'official' definition of that.)

Rulebook update.

Post by Guest »

I just got my rulebook last week, and the front cover indicates that it was revised in March 2005. However, I don't know what the revisions are.

SteveM.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Rule Book

Post by GTKF »

Thanks Steve

Looks like I need a new one

Ken