Walther LG 300 cylinders

This is what we do.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

To add a final thought, to e-mail me last year and have me as it was put "lay off" of a certain committe member because he may decline the position and then we would have no representation for air gun, may have been the better solution than what we have now.

To clarify I have no PCP hunter nor do I intend to shoot springer, but I will not let this issue go simply into the night, I feel an injustice has been done to my community.

If you will not stand for something, you will fall for anything.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Which class will I be shooting my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun in at Winnie the year?????
Commander in Chief, F Troop
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Depends, did you do quality control on it or are you honest enough to admit you modded it and are taking an unfair advantage, your call as it has seemed to be the norm.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Well.......I do admit to replacing the leather thong on the lever. Old won was chewed by rats.......
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

John,

By the rules which we all should shoot by it is in open class, but I'm sure someone around here will tell you how to get it QC'ed for springer class

God Bless the USA

Dawg
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

I'm thinking about mounting one of my $10,000.00 bumped Leupold 18X40's on it and painting the imitation wood pink.....Figured since it's an open class gun I'll go all out......Wonder which shoots better, the brass colored BB's or the silver colored ones?????
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

John & James
Since all of this started I sold my spinger, and have not shot a score in sporter. I did not competed at Texas State Airgun for the last two year, I don't care for the range set up in Haltom City. And if you noticed I did not shoot sporter in Winnsboro. I am just tired of all the complaing from both sides of this issue. My first silhouette match was in 1978 so you can imagine the number of rule changes that I have witnessed. All I know is I will not give up on this game just because I don't like the rules. Air gun is just an extra I could care less what happens. Go ahead an protest all the Spingers you like and before you know it we could loose the whole airgun program. I plan on being at the smallbore mach in Florida, I'll buy the drinks and let you two tell me how the whole problem started in TEXAS.

Later, Paul
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Opinion

Post by stsbuyer »

Dawg,

No helmet needed, but it seems that I am not allowed to have my own opion. I just think your being a little general when you point the finger at TEXAS. Just go ahead an metion names of who you think it was so they have a chance to defend there self. Or better yet lets get together at a match and have our own committee meeting and work together to fix this instead of beating it to death online.

Later, Paul
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Paul,

I would have expected no less from you, I'm just glad we can air our thoughts, for this I am thankfull, as far as your dedication to this sport was never in doubt, you have always been someone I have listend to when an issue was brought up for this I am also thankfull, you and I both know time heals all wounds.

I will take you up on your offer but can we discuss the cool stock in wood you got from the Pharrster, the other issue is best left to the committee and the zelot's of which I feel I am one.

Soap box removed, back on the porch for me till I find a QC'ed sporter and have a zelot moment.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Paul,

I was typing when you where, I am all for a committe meeting with Mr. Strictland in attendance, and as I before your opion is greatly valued.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

James,

Thanks, and by no mean did I suggest you stop working on what you feel is right. My only sugestion is stay off the soap box after a couple of drink, you may fall an hurt your self.

I hope to have the Maple Parr stock ready to bring with me to the Sunshine Classic, may not shoot it in the match but will bring it along.

Plan on making all the big smallbore matches this year short of the nationals, hope to see you there. I am tire of storing you pillow. Wait until you get the storage bill!

Later

Paul
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Paul,

Point well taken, and I do believe if all concerned will talk to Mr. Strictland at a meeting maybe we can get this thing straighted out for all concerned.

Hope to be in attendance with you at all the matches this year and maybe get the cob webbs worked out of the travel pillow.

Till your better paid

God Bless the USA

Dawg

Post by Guest »

To tell the truth, this is the type of b******t that happened with the chin guns and later the hunting rifle in smallbore. The great shooters of Washington state and Texas were inovative and forward thinking when they established the chin guns within the rules of the NRA. Unfortunately, a few jealous shooters, who could not beat Troy Lawton or many of the Washington state shooters, decided that it was an unfair advantage for someone to spend their own hard-earned $'s to become better at an already hard sport! This primarily came from the Northeast and from the Witch in New Mexico, who happened to be on the committee.

I have personally talked to Culpepper and told him that he needs to get a grip and forget this b******t and name calling. Regardless of your personal opinion Dawg, Don Strickland has been around this sport longer than you and me combined! I do not have personal knowledge of his involvment in this springer air rifle thing - but I think that you need to lay off this as you are probably hurting everyone in the sport regardless of what side they are on in the issue. Winnsboro Gun Club WILL host an NRA National Air Rifle Silhouette Championship in 2007 thanks to the help and input from Don Strickland. I do not know anything about the "springer" air rifle isssue or the PCP rifle issue and do not give a rats a**! I just want to host the BEST match in the world and have everyone get along. If Chicken George, who put me up to this post, will help me; we will muzzle the Dawg and proceed in a manner of no name calling and shoot what you want.

How about all the modifications to the Hunter rifles that you could not see with smallbore before the rule change? I forget, James Cullpepper was not around then! Good thing! I personally think that we should lock up Dawg and Jonathan King from Virginia to see who can be the biggest whinner!

"If you cannot soar with the eagles, stay on the bayou with the ducks!"

Duckgumbo - David McLemore

That
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Well sheyot....

Post by GeoNLR »

Boy, I had a lengthy post all typed...erased it.. will think on it for a day or two more..LOL.
Image Chicken George

Post by Guest »

My only sugestion is stay off the soap box after a couple of drink, you may fall an hurt your self.
Truer words were never spoken. The Dawg can't bark without a "snort." I frankly don't see what the problem is. Everything changes. Jim Thorpe played with a round football,and if they hadn't changed, we still wouldn't be seeing forward passes. Maybe the Dawg would be just as happy with a Benjamin Pump. Regardless, get a life, it ain't that big a deal.

tonto