BPCR .22 L.R. side match?

This is what we do.
.22-5-40
B Poster
B Poster

BPCR .22 L.R. side match?

Post by .22-5-40 »

Hello, everyone. I was wondering if anyone has shot one of these matches? I understand they have them at the bpcr match at Raton, and elswhere. I don't know about various target ranges, or if chickens are shot off-hand..I know X sticks are allowed. What size silhouette? Thanks!
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Re: BPCR .22 L.R. side match?

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day
We have included this match in our Australian rulebook and a few of us are preparing to have a go. It looks like a heap of fun and we will be running some matches here in Aus soon.
Juddy
The Chairman has spoken!!
DownEast John
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DownEast John »

Hi Pard's, I have not shot this at Raton but have shot this during my winters in TX.
This game is the invention of David Crossno and friends, a gunsmith in OK.
Chickens o/h at 50m, pigs =100m,t=150m and rams=200m using cross stix,same rules as NRA BPCR Sil. applies. Can be shot with a dedicated 22 or a big bore with one of Davids excellent 22 liners.
Tang sights or scope class [malcome style scopes only].
At the last Tx state BPCR, I had forgotten my Wolf M and stopped at Walleyworld and picked up some Fed. auto match, used it to win my class in my Stevens 44 1/2 ,40/65cal. w/ Crossno liner in it, They will SHOOT. Target's are 2/5 or 3/8 size??? not sure, just know there small w/ iron sights, most fun you can have with your clothes on, no reloading also. :lol: John
.22-5-40
B Poster
B Poster

Post by .22-5-40 »

Hello, DownEast John. Thanks for reply! That is the most information I have read on this sport! It does sound like a hoot! I was worried about the sights..didn't know about ablility to use optics...Funny thing , you mentioned use of Malcom type scope only..I have a custom 1930 prone match rifle...stock looks more like a heavy sporter than a full blown prone. I recently purchased a very nice condition original late 20's, early 1930's Malcom scope from same dealer I bought rifle from..5X or 6X I think..I haven't had time to try it out yet. Wondering if there are any .22 BPCR matches in Michigan?
DownEast John
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DownEast John »

Hi 22-5-40, We travel a lot shooting BPCR sil. and the only place's I've seen it is TX,NM,& ok. Mainly held after the main match. Cowboy lever gun is fun too, you got a better chance at finding a match w/ that. HTH, John :D
40-65rl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 40-65rl »

I know this a very late reply but there is a National Organization that heads up the 22 BPCR activity. Their web site is:

www.22bpcra.org

They have had two national championships and are popping up all over from Texas, new Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wyoming and the
west cost. Check it out!!!!!
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Thanks for posing - this looks like an interesting match. I looked at the rules but I'm unclear about the sight part - do scopes compete against iron sights? And where might I find info about legal cross-sticks?

Thanks,
Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."