Ruger 10/22 stock Questions

This is what we do.
Mike D
B Poster
B Poster

Ruger 10/22 stock Questions

Post by Mike D »

For those that are shooting their Ruger 10/22's in the standard category, what types of stocks are you using. I put a Boyd thumbhole stock on mine and it pretty comfortable, but I recently saw a stock that interests me. It's the Bell and Carlson Anschutz stock; does anyone have this stock on their 10/22 and how do you like it. I do have a couple questions though, how heavy is the stock, and how wide is the forearm ? Is this stock legal for SB silhouette ? I was looking online, but couldn't find too much information on it, including on the Bell and Carlson site. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks
Mike
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Ruger 10/22 stock Questions

Post by saikatana »

Not trying to steal the thread on this site but the most info on the 10/22 I have ever seen is on
www.rimfirecentral.com. There is a section on Barrels, Stocks, Actions, and on section on
Ultimate 10/22s . You might try there if no one answers on this site.
Good Luck
Saikatana
Mike D
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Mike D »

Saikatana,
That's where I originally saw a post on the B&C stock; there was enough info that I was interested, but no particulars. Also, there's no mention if this stock is legal for silhouette. I thought I might get additional information from some of the silhouette shooters that frequent this site.
Mike
trkykllr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by trkykllr »

The B&C stock you are referring to, is legal for Standard Class in SB Silhouette.

Its pretty lightweight out of the box, however the LOP is a little short, nothing that cant be fixed easily. It resembles the Anschutz MS stock which I also have.

I dont know the actual measurements of the forearm, but it is legal.

If you can get one, do it, you wont be disappointed.
03rubicon
Unclassified Poster

Post by 03rubicon »

This is what is on mine for sb silhouette, i like it and it fits me pretty good i think
Mike D
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Mike D »

Trkykllr / 03Rubicon,
Thanks for the replies. As far as LOP for this stock, is it any shorter than the normal stock the 10/22T comes with ? I'm 6'1", and both the normal stock that comes with the 10/22T and the Boyd's thumbhole stock that's currently on it are comfortable to shoot. Trkykllr, I agree, the trick might be finding one; several of the places I checked online are out of stock for this particular stock. It's not a priority right now, but maybe later this fall or winter I'll find one and then send it off for a custom paint job prior to the start of next years shooting.
Mike