Fallen Fowl

This is what we do.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Fallen Fowl

Post by Bob259 »

We don't paint in between, so I believe its the mark you see on the lower rear leg as that body hit would have flipped it off the rail.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
CWS
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CWS »

At New Braunfels several years ago I witnessed a chicken go spinning about 4 ft in the air and land right back where it started, facing the proper direction. I scored it as a hit. My reasoning was that it had broken the plane as required by the rules... no matter how it ended up. Before jumping into an otherwise entertaining argument here, you should give careful consideration to a common phenomenon with resettables of springing back to life after a center hit. Keep the rules simple... if it breaks the plane.....
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Yeah but CWS the bullet can skip off the ground and if it takes the animal down it counts. So I think it only fair to give the point to the animal for performing such a feat =))

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Dee wrote:Yeah but CWS the bullet can skip off the ground and if it takes the animal down it counts. So I think it only fair to give the point to the animal for performing such a feat =)) Dee

Dee, Have you been watching the professional skipper 'PPKNY' shoot? He is also a Master at hitting the pad and making them jump and fall off too :D .
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

The first shootoff I remember being in was at Winnsboro lo, these many years ago. It was for something like 5th in AA, one match. The line was full, lots of people watching. As a newby, I got a little nervous. I couldn't get the dot to settle, ran out of time, finally just jerked the trigger in a panic. The bullet hit the ground a good 10 yards in front of the rail and skipped right into the target, first ram, bottom rail. In the most disgusted voice I've ever heard, a guy behind me said "Aw, s**t."
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

ajj wrote:The first shootoff I remember being in was at Winnsboro lo, these many years ago. It was for something like 5th in AA, one match. The line was full, lots of people watching. As a newby, I got a little nervous. I couldn't get the dot to settle, ran out of time, finally just jerked the trigger in a panic. The bullet hit the ground a good 10 yards in front of the rail and skipped right into the target, first ram, bottom rail. In the most disgusted voice I've ever heard, a guy behind me said "Aw, s**t."
In your best PeeWee Herman voice you should have turned around and said "I meant to do that. HA HA!"