Panic buying and runs on "stuff"

This is what we do.
webmaster
Site Admin

Panic buying and runs on "stuff"

Post by webmaster »

I've watched the panic buying and run on all things "evil" the last few weeks with rapture.
I got to wondering when/if it would take a toll on mid-to-high level .22 ammo.
The "cheap" stuff has largely been snapped up and I "see" $40+/brick ammo still in stock at places...

What have you seen or surmise?
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Panic buying and runs on "stuff"

Post by Bob259 »

webmaster wrote:I've watched the panic buying and run on all things "evil" the last few weeks with rapture.
I got to wondering when/if it would take a toll on mid-to-high level .22 ammo.
The "cheap" stuff has largely been snapped up and I "see" $40+/brick ammo still in stock at places...

What have you seen or surmise?
Well if the one politician in MA or CT has his way none will be affordable. He is proposing to just tax ammo so high the average person can not afford it anymore. He feels that is a better solution. :-o Idiots...
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
OLd_Sarge
B Poster
B Poster

Post by OLd_Sarge »

I heard that the current White House and Congress was voted "gun sales leader group" of all time L-)
OLd_Sarge

"Don't be so open minded your brains fall out"
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

I haven't looked at rimfire ammo cause I am pretty well stocked up, but I can't find reloading components to save my life. X(
oldrifleman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by oldrifleman »

Wandered into a local gun shop a couple of days ago and they had 7 moxes of minimags left, which I was offered at 9.50 a box. I said no and looked at the few remaining firearms they had. I could use a case of minimag, but not at that price.
oldrifleman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by oldrifleman »

I am hoping that Lapua shows up at the Pel El so I can buy some good stuff then.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Bob259 wrote:Well if the one politician in MA or CT has his way none will be affordable. He is proposing to just tax ammo so high the average person can not afford it anymore. He feels that is a better solution. :-o Idiots...
Not that it's exactly soothing, but such taxes are typically unconstitutional (whatever that's worth...). As punitive taxes are verboten on exercising other rights (voting, assembly, speech, press, etc...) it is presumed arms are included. Not that they wouldn't love a nice, long protracted set of lawsuits to prove it out...
ImageImage
AddictedToSB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AddictedToSB »

I was in Walmart this morning and checked the ammo case. Almost nothing there. Only a few boxes of .22.

The gun show in San Antonio last weekend was a zoo. People walking around trying to sell $700 value ARs for $2000. Lots of 30-round .223 mags available if you want to pay $45+ (they were $10-15 a few weeks ago). Stripped lowers are now $400+, complete are $700+, if you can find one at all. We need a lower for a new upper we just got, but don't want to pay triple+ the regular suggested retail price.

Also having a hell of a time finding mags for the S&W M&P 22 pistol.
reelangler
B Poster
B Poster

Post by reelangler »

http://www.coderedfirearms.com/

i dont know these guys, but it looks like you can get on a list and its not a totally stupid price.

-Dan
jesterdog
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jesterdog »

Went to Cabellas south of ATX last Sunday to buy some Wolf MT. That place was a mad house. No ammo on the shelves except for obscure stuff like .204 Ruger. One brick of Aguila 20 grain. Didn't buy it because I haven't tested it. Guy said it had been like that for a month and a half. They had erected a temporary waiting area for gun registration that had half a dozen benches. So many people at the gun counter they were calling numbers. Crazy. Guess we'll get some ammo in about 6 months. Had to order ammo online. Can't find Wolf MT in Austin anywhere. Nobody carries it including Academy.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I knew this was coming before the last election. So I went ahead and ordered my AR in Oct. and got it in Nov. Wish I had acted quicker on buying a couple 1000 rounds of ammo but I did get mags. Went ahead and got the components to roll my own .223 ammo now 1200 rounds worth for starters. Think I will keep an eye out for more brass and go that route over the prices being asked now for a case of .223 ammo.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Most everything is still available around here if you know where to look. Expect prices to be 2-4x higher for certain items, but lots of normal stuff and normal prices...

They still have good .22 ammo here and there, but its never been in bulk, so I've always orders by the case elsewhere....
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

I think it's crazy to stock up on that much ammunition and black guns, if it comes down to "that" scenario I'll pick up what I need on the battlefield.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
AddictedToSB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AddictedToSB »

jesterdog wrote: Can't find Wolf MT in Austin anywhere. Nobody carries it including Academy.
Sometimes they have it at Red's. And if they are out they might order it for you (they used to, but don't know about now with things being like they are.)
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

Killogh's has a pret good deal on Eley Team right now. This is less than I bought my last batch for and I don't think I've ever uttered that phrase when talking about rimfire ammo. Here's a link good folks. %%-

http://www.killoughshootingsports.com/i ... n-488.html
Res ipsa loquitur