What's best.....?

This is what we do.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: What's best.....?

Post by OldRanger »

My hold isn't all that steady, and I was given this piece of sage advice. If the dot is in the animal, the only place it has to go is out of the animal. So I try to anticipate and break just as it is barely in the animal, hoping my hold keeps moving to the center.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

This is probably old news for most people here, but as a relatively newb this was new for me...

I was at the range yesterday and adjusted my scope settings so that when the POA is at the leg/body juncture the POI is the center of the body. I then ran a full 40-shot match on the swingers...

I usually shoot around 20 out of 40, +/- 3 or 4 points. My best score in a match to date is 25/40. My score for the practice round on the swingers was 29/40!

We have a club match next weekend so I hope I can do as well as I did in practice.
Allen Corneau
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete »

Hey Tom, glad to here you are feeling better, getting older is for the week! Keep up the PT, hope to see you this summer.
Loren
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Here is what I do. Once my wobble zone settles and I can keep the dot inside the body of the animal, I concentrate on a clean trigger squeeze. This works for me, but if I had time to train more I would practice picking a specific spot to aim at. I don't get to practice much and I don't have a spotter, so during a match I have to keep up with calling my shots and then checking my hits when resetting the animals. Its not the best system, but it works for now. I'm stuck shooting AAA scores, but I also usually shoot matches without having any practice for months. Maybe one day I'll buckle down and get serious about moving up to master.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I wish I could hold steady enough to use the legs as an pinpoint.
What is this spotter thing everyone is talking about?
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

That is the person that watches you shoot. If they are any good, they will tell you wind changes and mark on a spotter board where your hit was. Many of them talk way too much. They think they are helping but all that talk does is break your consternation. :-@

I finally got that off my chest. %-(
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I don't use a spotter, I can see for myself that I missed the target. I do not need someone to point out the obvious.
Good to know a spotter is optional.
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

Jerry Love your 'smiles'.
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

rogersptl wrote:Jerry Love your 'smiles'.
Have you ever seen Jerry smile in real life? It is a creepy and scary thing to behold. I saw him smile once and had nightmares for a week. :((