Eley Club.....

This is what we do.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Eley Club.....

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Whaddya all think of Eley Club? I hope you think highly, because I just bought a slew of it.....
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Eley Club.....

Post by Hawk-1 »

I think you will be VERY disappointed on your buy. As your newest friend I will help you o :-bd ut buy paying the shipping to me and will dispose of out for you.......one shot at a time!!!! Shoots great in all of mine! Enjoy, david
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Tks, Hawk! :D Hmmmm..... seems I put this in the wrong forum..... should've gone in the rimfire ammo one.... sorry1
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
fwt1712
B Poster
B Poster

Post by fwt1712 »

I've used Club for a long time - you should find it to be a very good and consistent performer.

You should hope to get 1/2 to 1/4 inch groups at 50m and 3/4 +/- at 100m - more than enough to be competitive at pretty much all levels.

regards,
Nigel.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Like anything else you have to try before you buy...22 lr are a picky bunch ...I have had rifles that liked it and some that don't..Present rifle does not like it, but likes wolf...Since your rifle is an individual you will need to shoot some and see for yourself.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Its odd, but my rifle hates club. I shoot cloverleafs at 60 with cci standard velocity, but 1 inch groups with the club.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

OldRanger wrote:Its odd, but my rifle hates club. I shoot cloverleafs at 60 with cci standard velocity, but 1 inch groups with the club.
Well, I hope it's gonna like mine.... In this day and age, you can hardly buy samples and test; heck, you can hardly buy at all! It was the only quantity lot buy I could find, so I took it.... If it doesn't shoot particularly well, I guess I'll just have to work on holding better! :D :shock: :D
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

fwt1712 wrote:I've used Club for a long time - you should find it to be a very good and consistent performer.

You should hope to get 1/2 to 1/4 inch groups at 50m and 3/4 +/- at 100m - more than enough to be competitive at pretty much all levels.

regards,
Nigel.

Hoping is great, but shooting 3/4" groups at 100 meters is dang near dreaming. Guns (and shooters) that can do that are awfully rare and would certainly require the best rimfire ammo money can buy.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

If your rifle likes it you'll love it. If not..... I am sure you can find some people to take it off your hands....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

cedestech wrote:If your rifle likes it you'll love it. If not..... I am sure you can find some people to take it off your hands....
^
This. It's high-quality ammo. If you happened upon a lot your rifle likes it could be as good as you'll find.
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Trent wrote:
fwt1712 wrote:I've used Club for a long time - you should find it to be a very good and consistent performer.

Hoping is great, but shooting 3/4" groups at 100 meters is dang near dreaming. Guns (and shooters) that can do that are awfully rare and would certainly require the best rimfire ammo money can buy.
Trent,

Guess I am lucky because my 54-18 Hunter rifle and 10X III Standard shoots SK Standard Plus at or under 3/4" regularly at 100 meters if conditions are good enough.
Here is a group shot yesterday that measured .670
photo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul Freeman
Alvin, Tx
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Define "regularly". For me it means group, after group, after group.

Can you post up a photo of a single sheet of paper with four separate 5-shot groups on it, all under 3/4" at 100 meters?
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Trent,

I'm not one to save targets and really don't care if anyone believes me or not. In fact yesterday I did not put up a target at 100 meters, as you can see I was just shooting at scraps of paper still on our target board. I am sure if I saved a target someone would just question if I actually shoot it at 100 meters.

Was just giving my .02 cents and turns out that's all it is worth.
Last edited by stsbuyer on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Freeman
Alvin, Tx
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Paul, I'm not disbelieving you. Didn't mean for it to come across that way. I was just trying to define "regularly".

If your gun, and you, can shoot groups like that one you posted time after time, over and over then not only do you have an outstanding rifle and a perfectly matched lot of ammo that your rifle loves, but you yourself are a masterful shooter (again, not doubting you). To be able to consistently shoot 3/4" groups at 100 meters is so incredibly rare that it is basically unheard of. (ruling out Benchrest unlimited type rigs)

I define "Regularly" or "Consistently" as being able to shoot, at minimum, 4 (or more) consecutive 5-shot groups at or under the defined group size.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul's rifles shot 3/4-inch groups with Remington Target - That dude has got some AWESOME equipment.

Dustin