Wisconsin NRA State SB Championship

This is what we do.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Wisconsin NRA State SB Championship

Post by teetertotter »

We completed our Championship yesterday with 12 competitors. Our one state Master was unable to make it due to conflict with harvesting time. Perhaps we should move it up a month, as is always an issue with him. Three other normal competitors did not make the state championship. We have 18 shooters with classification books and our club is the only one in the state that has sanctioned matches. One competitor comes from IA., to compete in our once a month Saturday Match, and 1 from IL., that are not club members of ours.

Yesterdays Championship featured one girl age 11 and another girl age 10 in Hunter. Both tied with 10/80. They had a shoot-off at the Pigs for the Sub Junior trophy. The second place girl, I will be getting her a special engraved gold medal this week.

I contacted our local newspaper early this week to let them know of our state championship and the we have 2 young girls participating. The photographer showed up at 10:00am start time and the reporter came around 11:00 and stayed until 12:30.
This mornings Sunday paper featured the 2 girls with individual pictures with a nice article about them and the sport. I have requested the PDF or WEB file to forward onto the NRA magazine.

The fellow from IA., handily beat me in Hunter A, but I came through in Std A WITH "A" SCORES. I was the only Std "A" person. LOL We all had a good time with only 2 Alibi's. One by one of the girls and the other from an AAA shooter. It was a tear jerky for the girls tie breaker. One of them was a granddaughter of one of competitors and the other was a daughter of one of our competitors.

Our last Monthly Match for the year is September 28. Sight-in is 8 - 9:45am with start time 10am. 80 rounds Hunter and 80 rounds Standard. $10.00 each rifle. Seniors - 1/2 price. Pins are awarded. Bring your own lunch and drink and have some fun. We still shoot sanctioned matches every Thursday eve ....5pm ish
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/