2006 Regional in Missoula

This is what we do.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

2006 Regional in Missoula

Post by mordecai »

I just received an application for the "2006 Regional Metallic Silhouette Rifle Championships" - June 3 & 4th in Missoula, MT at the Deep Creek Rifle Range. Looks to be a smallbore and hi-power match.

Since I'm still pretty new to the discipline, what can anyone tell me about the match? Sounds like something fun to try...
ImageImage
Shootndig
B Poster
B Poster

2006 Regional Missoula

Post by Shootndig »

Since it doesnt appear that any of the locals are lurking around here, Ill take a shot at providing a little info. Deeep Creek Range is a great facility located about 8-10 miles SW of Missoula up in the mountains. Range is located in a creek bottom and is well sheltered - great shooting conditions most of the time. Camping is available at the range, or you can stay in town (lots of motels but you may want to get reservations due to HS & college graduations in that time frame.) Two day match, SB hunter &standard in the mornings, HP hunter & standard in the afternoons. Most people shoot all the matches (read lots o shooting) and matches are scheduled so its possible to shoot em all. Shooters from MT, WY, ID, UT, WA, OR and anywhere else are welcome. Great facility- good folks to shoot with-- should be fun. Hope to see you there.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm going to have to scare up a HiPower rig ;) Been meaning to put something together all last year but this is as good a reason as any. Unless there are rental guns available? :lol:
ImageImage
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Entry Form

Post by dwl »

Any body have an entry form for the Missoula Regional?

I'd never suggest that my wife threw it away just 'cos the bathroom ain't done but I can't find it nowhere.

dwl
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

I can send you a copy of mine if you can tell me a little about the match (thanks to Shootndig for his post) - this would be my first time! :)

How many shooters? Etc..
ImageImage
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

let me know if you decide to go and i'll load up some ammunition for you so you can take my rifle along. Sako TRG 6.5 x 55 swede. Wonderful rifle, holds well, shoots well. 1/2 moa at 500 meters. i'll be at the Southern Nationals at the time so it won't be a problem.
dave
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Wow - no kidding Dave? That's about the only thing holding me back from signing up is having a decent High Power rifle. I was toying with taking my 6.5x55 Swede with Elit Iron Sights but it would have only been for grins. If you're good with it I'll send my paperwork in - make a family trip of it for the weekend in the Big Sky state!

And "dwl" - I'll make you a copy - email me - I can snail mail it or scan it and email - whichever you prefer.

--m
ImageImage
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

no kidding. sign up. i've got a standard rifle in .260 rem if you want as well but i like the Sako better. either or both. up to you. we can talk next time we meet.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Too generous! Dave's the man. I'll sign up and maybe run into you this weekend. Thanks. --M
ImageImage