WEBMASTER, can we have an AIRGUN forum? Opinions folks???

This is what we do.
Kess
B Poster
B Poster

WEBMASTER, can we have an AIRGUN forum? Opinions folks???

Post by Kess »

I am proposing to our webmaster the creation of a third forum for airgunners. While the minority of smallbore silhouette shooters have air rifle/airpistol interests, this is obviously a growing sport, and as such, should probably have their own forum on this board...or is it 'own board on this forum'? Reply with a yea or nay and/or comment. Lets hear from you shooters.
Ed Kessey
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

Ed,

Are you suggesting that we "take our S%*& else where..." LOL???

Oh man... I am trying real hard to be good....

I do agree, Air rifle could go elsewhere ALTHOUGH, I find myself using the SB forum for everything.....
Image Chicken George
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Seems like a good idea to me Ed. You got my vote. I shoot more air than any thing, but i have many more .22's
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Brass BB's or Silver colored BB's?????
Commander in Chief, F Troop
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

And did you guy know that YOU CAN SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT WITH THOSE THINGS!!!
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Only if you look down the barrel and do......
$hit.... Anyone got a patch....LOL
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Kess
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Kess »

" Are you suggesting that we "take our S%*& else where..." LOL???

Oh man... I am trying real hard to be good...."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
...only the Dawg S%*&....the Chicken S%*& can stay..well, for now. :wink:
I'm trying real hard to be good, too!!

Hey John, I've been amused at Limey's profane caricature of your muzzle topper for some time. Its funny that you finally recognized it as such!!
...aaah, you're not really gonna try and take that piece of roadkill with you to PeeeAle are you? Y'know, HomelandSecurity's gonna be all over you! :lol:

Kess
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Just remember I've got pictures of you and Spotting Kitty, Kess. Homeland Security? Maybe I ought to dig out the pic of her and Clinton......
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

John

I don't think there is really any question..... use Copper colored BB's! :roll:
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Thanks. Just looking for the voice of experiece......Cost of BB's makes extensive ammo testing prohibitive.....
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

another alternative is that some folks download an instant messenger and use that medium to throw rocks at eachother instead of cluttering up this forum with crap. it is too bad that a significant percentage of the posts on here add no value and aren't worth reading. especially annoying when an otherwise good thread gets hijacked and brought to the lowest possible denominator. kind of diminishes the value and attraction of a site like this.
dave imas
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

Well said and quite true. It amounts to sabotaging the efforts of the webmaster.
"You can pretend to be serious but you can't pretend to be witty." Sacha Guitry.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I posted the following in the Walther thread:

"Since I'm fairly new to air rifle silhouette I'm sure that I probably don't fully understand the problem some people have with the PCP guns. I do admit that I have a vested interest in the outcome since I purchased an Air Arms PCP rifle last year with the intention of using it in Sporter and Open classes. If memory serves, the only change in the pre-2005, and now infamous rule 3.3(b), was the deletion of the last sentence. This sentence limited the pre-charged system to 12.0 gram disposable CO2 units. The deletion of this language then allowed a pre-charged system with a greater "storage" capacity. The rule has now been changed back to the same language prior to 2005, once again limiting the propulsion system "storage" to the 12.0 gram CO2 units.

Now if I've gotten things correct so far, I'm just not sure how the capability of a given rifle to store a little more air is a factor. It seems to me that a rifle using CO2 to propell a projectile downrange is not really any different than a PCP rifle using compressed air, the later simply has a greater storage capacity. They both use some form of a compressed air or gas, they both have a storage system for that air or gas and they both hurl a lead pellet downrange. It seems like the only advantage gained is the savings in not needing to purchase disposable CO2 cartridges."

As I mentioned above, I am new to air rifle. My intention was to solicit responses from some of the experienced air rifle shooters that might provide some insight on my question. Which simply put is, "What's the difference?" I'm sure that those shooters who are opposed to the use of PCP rifles have what they consider to be valid reasons that support their position. I would appreciate it if a few of them could step forward and explain it to me.

I'm not trying to stir things up or start a new rock chunkin' thread. I'm not pretending to be serious, I am serious, and I'm certainly not pretending to be witty as I don't have the required equipment for that.

We will be starting Air Rifle Silhouette matches this year at our range. As the assistant match director I feel like it is my responsibility to learn as much about this discipline as I am able to. This is a question that has come up before that I don't have a good answer for.

We always hear each other talking about what a great group of people the silhouette shooters are and how helpful they can be. I'm just asking for a little help in understanding what all the fuss is about.

Thanks for listening,
Greg Sullivan
Benton Gun Club
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

GTS,

You have a PM.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster