New SK bulk ammunition

This is what we do.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

New SK bulk ammunition

Post by kevinbear »

I had a chance to test some of the new SK bulk ammunition last week and it's very similar in performance to the boxed stuff.
I shot it in two different guns, my 1712 and Sako Quad, as a control a very good lot of rifle match was also tested. Gusting winds coming down the hill and turning directly towards me made for difficult range conditions but 25 shot groups still stayed under 1.25, on a calm day the control rifle match ammunition groups well under an inch so I didn't put much stock in the 1"+ groups this day. As you can see in the last picture the chronograph numbers were excellent for a ammunition in this price range. The one thing I dislike about it is that because it's all mixed up it's considerably more "slimy" than normal, they certainly get more than enough bullet lube on their ammunition.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Re: New SK bulk ammunition

Post by Varn »

They actually used to pack it that way around 2000 or 2001 also. And I had the same experience you did. Excellent performance but slimy. So I paid the extra for the 50 round boxed SK Standard. BTW SK Standard was $135 to $150 a case back then
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

2001 is when Varn told me about the "good cheap ammo". My first case was 135 from champions choice.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Tripled in price but I'm sure everyone's salary has tripled as well, right?
I wish. :cry:
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

Hope and change killed a lot of America, and the attendance at matches is another casualty of the king. Disability has doubled in the last six ears and we have the most people out of work. That is why attendance is low, the economy traded for votes. Ammo, gas, and beef are the same price. The dollar is worth less when you print out money for free cell phones and food stamps.
Heavybarrell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Heavybarrell »

Amen to that Ter! I can't believe people are still driving around with "Hope and Change" bumper stickers. I guess some people just don't embarrass!
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Heavybarrell wrote:Amen to that Ter! I can't believe people are still driving around with "Hope and Change" bumper stickers. I guess some people just don't embarrass!
We call them the "Koolaid drinkers" around here referencing Jim Jones followers, he told them it was the right thing to do and they obediently drank, same with O'Bummer. Conservatives read history and understand it, liberals are utopians that believe anything someone with a good line tells them. Boulder Colorado is full of Birkenstock wearing, "I love Obama care" and "hope and change" bumper stickers. Funny part is unless there overpaid college professors none of them can afford to live there because left wing policies have driven housing and taxes through the roof. Lots of homeless people {bums} and potheads wandering the streets aimlessly between Volvo's and Honda Prius'.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

There is a good inventory of centerfire ammunition around here at very high prices, almost no 22 ammunition however. I have seen no lowering of prices yet, not holding my breath for that to happen.
We were also told that gas prices would return to 2.19 a gallon when supplies went up, still waiting for that to happen as well.
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Varn »

Heavybarrell wrote:Amen to that Ter! I can't believe people are still driving around with "Hope and Change" bumper stickers. I guess some people just don't embarrass!
Sox, didn't you have an "If your not outraged your not paying attention" decal somewhere?
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Cool Led Zeppelin sticker!!! Where did you get it?
Joaquin B
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Joaquin B wrote:Cool Led Zeppelin sticker!!! Where did you get it?
A pot paraphernalia shop called "Headed West" in Englewood, it was one of the best fishing stores around here until the guy retired and his daughter took over. I think cafépress.com on the internet has them as well.
RBriscoe
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by RBriscoe »

Where did you find the bulk SK?
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

RBriscoe wrote:Where did you find the bulk SK?
There were cases of it for sale at the Southern Nationals along with SK Standard Plus, SK Rifle Match, and Lapua Center-X. Several different types of ammunition was given away all day on Saturday, including SK standard plus. On Sunday we gave away bricks of Lapua Midas Plus.

Dustin