Another Newbie

This is what we do.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Another Newbie

Post by kevinbear »

dustinflint wrote:
p14shooter wrote: My range is only a 100yd (not meter) range.
One of our local ranges is 100yds. We shoot at 40m, 60m, 77m and 100yds. It works out fine.

Dustin

Just grind 9% off the outside edges of rams. :)
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

I've got a better idea, invite me up for a week of fishing and I'll set your range up in one day!
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by boats »

Cut out a set of stencils from thin plywood. Spray paint a series of 5 wide critters on cardboard strips. Them stake the strips out to set and test sight lines. Easy to move around.

NRA allows flexibility on the range lay out. Only requirement is it's noted in the match flyer. Example our club SB "distances in meters" HP "distances in yards" this to accommodate the individual range.

Without NRA we would have no Silhouette, no 2nd Amendment either. I shoot other disciplines run by other governing bodies. Same negative comments from a small few. Ignore them best policy.

Boats
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

My friend Gary and I set up a range at his farm using targets I bought on ebay from Quality Targets, I went the cheap route and bought the kits because I have a welder but you can buy them either way. If you scroll down there's even instructions on the course of fire! 120.00 gets you a full set, hard to beat that price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120587427459?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
p14shooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by p14shooter »

out to the range today and tried setting up the range for one or two sets. One set is easy enough, even if I did a bank of 10 for each animal. 2 sets is another story. It can be done if you put 2 banks one behind the other and I have 5' shooting bays. I will have to make special arrangements for the chickens though so we do not shoot them too low. However, I am getting ahead of myself and thinking of 2 sets when I do not even know if I have enough interest for 1 set. So, I will order up the real targets very soon, and probably a set of swingers. Then schedule some practice sessions and put on a shoot and see what happens. Thanks for your help, and I will watch for more pics to come from those of you who said you would post some of different configs and range tools.

Even though I shot on paper today I had my first 10 in a row. That would be 10 misses though. Clearly more practice is in order.