first real practice try

This is what we do.
p14shooter
B Poster
B Poster

first real practice try

Post by p14shooter »

Well, I received my swingers. Set up the correct distances. those distances can't be right. Jeeeeeeepers. My ISSF rifle targets are not that small. 2/10 chicks 0/10 pigs (they are supposed to be the easiest? Phooey I say) 3/10 turks and 5/10 rams (100yds not meters for the rams). That will give me a bench mark to work on. I have been doing a little paper practice in the previous weeks though.

My intent is to re-introduce this sport to Nova Scotia in a semi-formal way next year. There has not been any regulation silhouette shooting here as far as I know since I started shooting 26 years ago. I do not expect great things from it at first but I do have a couple ideas on how to generate some interest.

If there are any match directors out there, I would like to ask a couple (few) questions. PM me who you are so I can ask if you do not mind. I will be trying to follow the rules as close as possible, but my intent is just to get more people shooting so a couple may have to be bent in order to fit into range restraints and other logistics.

Thanks.

Paul
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: first real practice try

Post by dustinflint »

I'm happy to answer any of your match director questions if I can.

Dustin
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

The Canadians do have a governing body for silhouette. I do believe they do ust the NRA rule book.
p14shooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by p14shooter »

Yup, we use the NRA rules. I have received a few contacts including you Dustin. and will compose my questions and send them off you all of you soon. I am looking forward to getting this started.

Paul