Sight picture?

This is what we do.
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Sight picture?

Post by boats »

I bought it works pretty good too. Will save 30 targets then I guess it rolls over you can flip flop the amimals face right or left too.

Boats
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I made a brief contact with the programs designer. He will make a spotting program for Android - if I fund him. I found it less expensive to buy a Mac, about $60,000 less. I wanted more room around the targets (I miss wide more often), but that's another "development funding."

Guess I'll spend the winter months making my own.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
fartsinpublic
B Poster
B Poster

Post by fartsinpublic »

snaketail2 wrote:Here is the app Dustin mentioned. http://marksman-app.com/
Can't tell if there is an option to face the targets left and right.
And, of course, I have an Android phone.

Investigating.
Based on the mentions here, I bought it.

Pros: shot size is adjustable; can "undo" a misplaced shot; Silhouette targets can be flipped Left/Right; targets can be added to a list of Favorites, bumping them up to the top

Cons: the app logs targets individually, no "match mode" where one could review a match in sequence, say; hit logs don't let you enter in other data that would be useful, such as rifle/handgun*, lighting, ammo, wind, flatulence, other factors that affect score; cannot enter in target scale*; cannot re-order the target types or hide the ones you don't need; target-on-background contrast cannot be adjusted--would be handy to be able to lighten up the background or the target based on preference.

Despite the ratio of pro/con, I like it a lot. I think the cons are more indicative of my wish list more than a knock of the app. It is a great 1.0 product, hopefully it gets developed to add some further functionality and that the developer realizes that there is more than one type of silhouette, and adds the ability to add detail to the log...

:-bd

*(This would be a boon in IHMSA with multiple handguns, sights and scales in one match.)