St Louis BR club Smallbore Silo shoot this Sunday...

This is what we do.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

St Louis BR club Smallbore Silo shoot this Sunday...

Post by Jetmugg »

This Sunday, I'll be shooting my first SB match at the StLouis Benchrest Club. I certainly hope that it will be the first of many. Will any of you "regulars" be there?

I've got to get out on Wednesday afternoon for a practice session.

SteveM.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Won't be there, too far from home (Western Arkansas) for this time of year (tax time, accountant) but good luck and have a good time. Remember above all to have fun, and post a report here after the shoot.

John Neihouse
Commander in Chief, F Troop
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eeleater »

I am planning to be there.

Look for a blue and grey vest with the animals in the back...
OK, I ran and checked- grey vest with blue shoulder pad, blue lower back and blue animals on the back.

The rest of the clothing will vary with the weather. Being MO I load anything I think I might need to wear, pickj something when I get there-then change it during the day.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Shoot starts at 9:00

Post by Jetmugg »

Per the schedule, the shoot starts at 9am. What time do folks normally start arriving?

I'll be the "new guy", and will have another "new guy" with me. (2 first timers). We'll be the ones wandering around, looking like we don't know what we are doing.

SteveM.
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

That won't cut it.
ALL silhouette shooters wander around looking like they don't know what they're doing! :shock:
You'll blend right in!
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eeleater »

I try and get there at 8 AM- but I like to have some time to carefully sight in on paper. I sometimes shoot both standard and hunter, so have two guns to sight in. More recently have just been shooting one gun (hunter)- but shooting it in both classes. The light trigger on my standard gun is a disadvantage with numb fingers :roll:
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Early sight-in.

Post by Jetmugg »

Eeel - sounds like a good idea - I didn't realize that they allowed time for sighting in on paper prior to the match. Are you a member of the club? I asked if membership was a requirement, and was told that I wouldn't need to be a member for match purposes.

SteveM.
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eeleater »

I am not a member of that club. I do not know what it costs to belong. They do have a very nice facility. It is far enough from me that it would not make sense to join there.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Last minute sight-in...

Post by Jetmugg »

Eeel:
It's about a 1-1/2 hour drive for me as well, so club membership probably doesn't make sense either, but it does look like a first-class club.

Do they have paper target stands at the silhouette distances for sighting in purposes, or any other "sighters" at the correct distances? I got out for some practice last night, but was not able to practice on a nice level range with marked distances, just "paced off" distances. It would be nice to get some last minute sighting in done on the actual range.

Lots of good info. here.

SteveM.
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eeleater »

They will have paper targets with small bullseyes at the appropriate distances, and also have metal silhouette "swingers" at the correct distances. They have these set up at both the left and right ends of the range- and there are benches available. it would help to have your own rest- but there will be some there that can be used/borrowed.

You DO want to be sighted in at the correct distances