Has anyone felt the Anschutz is just too common?

This is what we do.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Has anyone felt the Anschutz is just too common?

Post by DavidABQ »

Jerry G wrote:You are right, you do need a steadier hand to shoot a 10-22 just like you do to shoot a flintlock.

Flintlock? Jerry, unlike you I am not old enough to remember when they were the standard issue military rifle.

I will have to take your word at it. **==
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Well, I have the great advantage of having no pride. So I shoot the 1700s...... I bought one,a 1710, and then I scored a used Wooster stock for it at a Conard Match two years ago; and the same night I won a 1712 with a Wooster stock at the banquet! So now I got two Annies! :D :D :D And it's hard not to notice that most of the greats are standing up there with Annies.... If they shoot Annies, I'll shoot an Annie; if they have bean burritos for breakfast, I'll have bean burritos for breakfast; if they wear fishnet underwear on the line, I'll wear fishnet underwear on the line! Like I said, no pride..... Heck, I'd stand up there and shoot naked if it got me a few more animals! :D :D :D I don't shoot to win, or to be famous, or even to be noticed...... I shoot to knock the damn things down!
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I guess as a group we are discriminating against all of the non-Anschutz rifles out there. We should be encouraging diversity.
x_x
:roll:
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

DavidABQ wrote:I guess as a group we are discriminating against all of the non-Anschutz rifles out there. We should be encouraging diversity.
x_x
Ahahahahahaha! I think diversity should be encouraging us! I remember when Remington 37s and Winchester 52s were the kings and queens of the four position lines, and then they weren't..... Why? Because they cared more about their corporate bottom line rather than what shooters wanted.... paid no attention to us at all. But way back in the wings, one gunmaker was listening.... Anschutz. And maybe a few more, Feinwerkbau and Walther, but old man Anschutz listened more, and he provided what shooters wanted, and the results speak for themselves. Screw encouraging diversity; I don't care about gunmakers that don't care about me. I only want to knock the damn things down! Show me a tool that can do that better for me than the one I got, and I may then "encourage diversity!" Besides, where's the proof that "diversity is our strength?" :D :D :D
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

OnaginOffagin wrote:
DavidABQ wrote:I guess as a group we are discriminating against all of the non-Anschutz rifles out there. We should be encouraging diversity.
x_x
Show me a tool that can do that better for me than the one I got, and I may then "encourage diversity!" Besides, where's the proof that "diversity is our strength?" :D :D :D
How about building a silhouette rifle from the ground using a Turbo action and a Krieger barrel as an example with a Merrier silhouette stock?

I know I considered doing that.

This thread has been fun!

\m/
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

This thread has been insane........

Turbo IV action $1375
krieger barrel $500
Merrier Stock (this I can't understand..... when I goggled Merrier silhouette stock, this is what I come up with........)

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea ... mp=yhs-002

Are you sure you're a shooter? Or one of those things that live under bridges? How about some pics of you and your current rifle....on the line......?
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Okay, I apologize..... I found the real Merrier stock page.....

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea ... mp=yhs-002

perhaps you don't live under a bridge after all.....

But I still think your idea would be more trouble than it's worth..... and could you shoot it in the Hunter class? I think a Anschutz 1710 or 1712 used, is the least expensive, most practical way you can go. Buy it, shoot it in both classes, and go out and have fun...... which is the whole idea, right?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I do enjoy shooting my 1712 but I did consider building a rifle from scratch or buying a Cooper.

You can not really deny that Anschutz 1712's are extremely common at NRA Nationals.

I do not live under a bridge but sometimes I spend a little time there.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

OnaginOffagin wrote:This thread has been insane........

Are you sure you're a shooter? Or one of those things that live under bridges? How about some pics of you and your current rifle....on the line......?
I blame his behavior on his isolation from other silhouette shooters, and I'm referring to him not having much in person one on one real interaction with other silhouette shooters like most of the rest of us, makes him quirky and prone to inappropriate behavior.
In person he's fairly normal. :)
Kb
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

kevinbear wrote: In person he's fairly normal. :)
Kb

Dude, I thought we were going to keep that between us!

There goes my street cred at the gun club.

:ymdevil: