Single Six sight issues

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
geo01
B Poster
B Poster

Single Six sight issues

Post by geo01 »

Guys and girls,

I use a Ruger Single Six with a Bond / Bomar sight set up for Small Bore Revolver which has recently started throwing rounds to the left of the targets. At the last match that I shot in I ended up with the rear sight as far right as it would go and also had to aim under either the head or tail of each animal to have any chance of hitting anything. Every thing seems to be tight and secure. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look to try and fix this or has anyone heard of or experienced this themselves?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Geo
Eagle_view
Unclassified Poster

Re: Single Six sight issues

Post by Eagle_view »

Check your muzzle for deposits of lead and carbon more pronounced on one side of the crown. I would do a very through cleaning with a strong lead remover. I would also check the crown for any visible changes or damage and by using a cotton swab for any burs.

Hope this helps.

Lowell
EVA
GabbyJs
B Poster
B Poster

Post by GabbyJs »

I had a S&W 629 .44 Magnum that had terrible accuracy. Shots in general moving to the left. It finally became noticeable that the barrel was turning loose from the frame. Put an index mark with a magic marker where the barrel meets the frame, and see if the barrel will turn. Otherwise check with a reliable gunsmith.
geo01
B Poster
B Poster

Post by geo01 »

Thank you for the replies guys. Will start of with a good cleaning and see what happens from there.

Geo