pistol scope

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

pistol scope

Post by glen ring »

I'm mounting a scope on my revolver for Hunter Pistol/field pistol/and big bore silhouette. I had a red dot sight on a Bianchi revolver many years ago, but I'm out of touch with what works now. What do you guys/gals use ??
Just Be Nice **==
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: pistol scope

Post by frankmako »

i still use my old aim points red dot from the 80's on some pistols and williams rear sight on others. tried the scope route in the 80's and did not like it. retried the scope again this years and still did not like it.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I couldn't warm up to the scopes back then Either Frank. I liked the red dots and now they are MUCH better. I probably would be better off sticking to the irons also.
Just Be Nice **==
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

i like the iron sights better and my scores show that i do. williams back sight and a aubery adcock front sight. i pickup several steve martens front sights to try out later next year. smaller front tube seems to fit my hand better on the "taco" hold. last two matches i use the iron sights for both matches.
Hosspower
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hosspower »

If shooting with weaver stance I would recommend a red dot. My brother has an ultra dot on a browning buckmark. Nice small dot.