.357 Rem Max

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
dwostler
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: .357 Rem Max

Post by dwostler »

I'll send you some loads.

357 Max is made to be shot fairly hot.

If you are looking to shoot a soft recoil load for the 200 meter rams, look at my other post for 200 gr bullets.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13767

Also, ask the folks on the IHMSA forums.

https://www.ihmsa.org/forum/index.php

If it is a 10" model and you ever plan on selling it, I sold mine recently and have been regreting it ever since.

Let me know if you need to find a loving home for it or if you plan on seeing what it really can do, I have a set of Bomar sights and Ken Light front hooded sights that I'll let go for $250.

Thanks Dennis
DJA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DJA »

What's the condition of the barrel? You sure it's not eroded or leaded up? Oh, and not to be a weenie, but 357 max is not a legal cartridge for Hunters Pistol (assuming that's what you meant when you said the match is shot alongside PCLA.)
L. Rivard
B Poster
B Poster

Post by L. Rivard »

Sorry about the delay in answering the resent reply's, just hope there is still interest justifying further conversation. Dwoster, my Ruger has the seven inch barrel. The Hunter pistol match I am interested sets the rams at 100 yds. DJA, I was not aware that the Max was not legal for Hunter pistol. However, since the NRA did away with score books, the club I shoot at has stopped holding approved matches. I will check with our match director, but I am pretty sure if I can assure him I will load down to a level that won't damage targets I will be allowed to shoot. I intend to put this project on the back burner for a bit due to time pressure with family stuff, but I want to thank you all for your interest in helping me along.
dwostler
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by dwostler »

I would think that a little less than starting loads should work for you.

Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.