Hello, advice and questions to ask

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
mousegunner
Unclassified Poster

Hello, advice and questions to ask

Post by mousegunner »

Hello, new to this forum. Have been out of small bore pistol for many years, have been active in NRA Highpower (not shiloutte, across the course shooting). Am looking to get into small bore pistol again. I have a Ruger 22/45 and need a scope recommendation that wont break the bank. Is there something around for say $150.00 max with target turrets? Also can you load 5 in the magazine or does it have to be loaded for every shot? The club I used to shoot at never said yes or no to loading 5 in my pistol magazine. I also used to load 5 in a S&W revolver I used to borrow. Looking forward to your replies.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Hello, advice and questions to ask

Post by Innocent »

Welcome mousegunner! Yes to loading five in magazine, that is how it should be done. As for the scope, mechanics are important. I use an older Leupold and Burris with Stony mountain click attachments on my TC's. I also have a Bushnell on one of my recent TC purchases that is a rather old one but appears to be working fine. Get out and shoot...it is all fun.

Innocent Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Hello, advice and questions to ask

Post by silhouette13 »

welcome, a 22/45 is a much smaller platform than a contender, this may limit the choices, will you be shooting taco style or stiff armed, witih a long eye relief?

a kt 15 weaver is about perfect for me with a taco hold. i couldnt find one so went with a classic v-16 eaver, not quite as good for me but it does pretty well.

dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton