Show off your silhouette gun

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
kg4tyr
Unclassified Poster

Show off your silhouette gun

Post by kg4tyr »

Here's my gun for IHMSA SB UAS

Ruger Charger
Kid Barrel, Bolt, 2 stage trigger, and cocking assembly
Hipshot designed stock
Bushnell 2-6x scope
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Show off your silhouette gun

Post by CZforlife »

Man oh man! I'm usually a rifle guy, but your silhouette pistol looks awesome! How's it shoot?
Baby Huey
kg4tyr
Unclassified Poster

Post by kg4tyr »

CZforlife wrote:Man oh man! I'm usually a rifle guy, but your silhouette pistol looks awesome! How's it shoot?
Way better than I can :wink: I shot my first match with the upgrades Saturday and hit 35. I didn't receive the stock until Monday so I am hoping that will gain me a few more hits (did not like the factory stock AT ALL)
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Well best of luck! The more practice time the better!
Baby Huey
kg4tyr
Unclassified Poster

Post by kg4tyr »

I had a chance to shoot with the new stock tonight. I shot a round of practice to check sight settings because the grip is so much different. Knocked down 33 and hit 2 that didn't fall (one solid one just grazed it). Adjusted my sights accordingly and shot a round for score. I had a 39 out of 40 with a called miss. I pulled the trigger before I was completely settled in. I am more than happy with the stock, it feels so much better. :mrgreen:
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Wow, sounds like your doing really well. Way to go!
Baby Huey
sigbbred
Unclassified Poster

Post by sigbbred »

My sako vixen in 7mm TCU, shoots great. :-bd
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

sigbbred wrote:Image

My sako vixen in 7mm TCU, shoots great. :-bd

Sweet, love it!! :-bd
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
sigbbred
Unclassified Poster

Post by sigbbred »

7 BR :D
Black_Talon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Black_Talon »

Here's a pic of my Exemplar. Took it out and shot a silhouette match with it last year. My first time shooting silhouettes since I used to compete regularly back in 1978, and first time ever shooting rimfire silhouette. I shoot prone so I cut off the bottom of the pistol grip so that it doesn't touch the ground. Scope is a Bushnell 4200 4-16x.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Yoffione
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Yoffione »

Here are my 2. The first is my .22. Started as an Exemplar 10". I had a 14 1/2" Shilen ratchet barrel put on and the scope mount moved forward. I cut down the grip and modified the fore end myself. Leupold VX-3 6.5-20 on top.

I was fortunate enough to get the use of this gun recently from a very nice gentleman at our club. It is a Remington XP-100 action, Lilja barrel in 6mmBR with a Jewell 2oz trigger. I am having a brake put on it, and the scope mount moved forward. I am gonna do a couple of mods to the stock, but keep it the same red. I like the color.

Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Great pictures. I assume that most of these guns aren't being used for NRA hunter pistol matches since they are bolt guns and prone was mentioned for one of them. Are you guys also shooting NRA hunter pistol matches?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Whole reason I bought mine was NRA hunter pistol. It looks like a hoot. Plus it's easier to carry on my bike when I have to run across Houston on Wednesday afternoons to the
Wednesday evening silhouette matches. I carried my cowboy gun in a soft case strapped across my back but it's a bit ungainly in rush hour traffic....

:mrgreen:
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Beautiful box/carrier!!!!!!
Yoffione wrote:Here are my 2. The first is my .22. Started as an Exemplar 10". I had a 14 1/2" Shilen ratchet barrel put on and the scope mount moved forward. I cut down the grip and modified the fore end myself. Leupold VX-3 6.5-20 on top.

I was fortunate enough to get the use of this gun recently from a very nice gentleman at our club. It is a Remington XP-100 action, Lilja barrel in 6mmBR with a Jewell 2oz trigger. I am having a brake put on it, and the scope mount moved forward. I am gonna do a couple of mods to the stock, but keep it the same red. I like the color.

F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)