Budget build rimfire

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
Denisesewa
Unclassified Poster

Budget build rimfire

Post by Denisesewa »

since finding out that this is not a legal build the firearm is being destroyed.
Last edited by Denisesewa on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Budget build rimfire

Post by Bob259 »

Looks great!! Great job an it looks beautiful, but.....
Not sure what state you live in but if it has pistol permits and registers them I hope you have added it to you permit. Here in NY it would be ugly if you were caught with that as it's a handgun and it was not on your permit, it doesn't matter what it started out at after a certain length of the barrel it is considered a pistol.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Denisesewa
Unclassified Poster

Post by Denisesewa »

see above
Last edited by Denisesewa on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kg4tyr
Unclassified Poster

Post by kg4tyr »

Denisesewa wrote:No pistol permits here in Colorado , minimum barrel length only pertains to fire arms with a shoulder stock so it is a pistol by definition, thanks for the heads up though !
I would be real careful. According to the BATFE, once a rifle always a rifle. Unless you do the proper paperwork and pay the $200 tax stamp for an SBR. I may be wrong, but I believe you are now in possession of an illegal firearm by federal laws.

Oh by the way, it looks awesome. I wish I had talent like that.
kg4tyr
Unclassified Poster

Post by kg4tyr »

Mach 2 wrote:A lot of rimfire rifles made prior to GCA 68 were not serialized. This was optional by the manufacturer. Would this conversion still be considered an illegal alteration ? Does your "pistol" have one ? Did you complete a 4473 form at purchase ? Seems a shame to dismantle it over such non sense.

Many rifles have been built from XP-100 Remington hand gun actions. Is this also illegal ? I think not.
Handgun to rifle = legal.

Rifle to handgun = NOT legal

Stupid = YES

Was this particular firearm ever built as a pistol? (ie Ruger 10/22 vs Ruger Charger) Probably not. I don't think I would take a chance with the BATFE.
kg4tyr
Unclassified Poster

Post by kg4tyr »

Mach 2 wrote:Denisesewa, sorry your first ever post on Steelchickens turned out not so well. You do nice work and looking forward to seeing more good things from you. Welcome.
+1