Is the 260 remington good for pistol silhouette

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
oscaro928
Unclassified Poster

Is the 260 remington good for pistol silhouette

Post by oscaro928 »

Hi,

Just wondering if off the shelf 260 remington ammo is good to shoot in a xp-100 14" out to rams at 200yds?

For now I do not want to deal with reloading so I want to have my pistol rechambered or rebarrels for something with a mild recoil and have a choice to reload or just buy it off the shelf.

Thanks,
Oscar
ole95
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Is the 260 remington good for pistol silhouette

Post by ole95 »

I think your problem will start at 50m with target damage. Most factory rifle cart. Are to hot for the chicks and maybe some of the others to.
Gleedaniel13
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

I think your problem will start at 50m with target damage. Most factory rifle cart. Are to hot for the chicks and maybe some of the others to.
I think that problem could been easily solve for that particular 260 remington. I have use it to its maximum performance and I have enjoyed it well.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GregG »

I have a xp-100 chambered in 7mm-08 and shoot factory velocities no issues. I am assuming you are talking about IHMSA pistol silhouette because of the 200 reference. I would not hesitate to shoot factory ammo.

If you compare to other cartridge and the way they are loaded 7 IIHMSA, 7 TCU, 7BR, 44 mag, 357 max, gosh the list is so long and have been used for years the targets should be able to take it.

The one negative with a factory gun and no muzzle break 40 shots of factory to me would be very unpleasant.