30 carbine load for 10" TC barrel?

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

30 carbine load for 10" TC barrel?

Post by cedestech »

Anyone have a good one to start with?

Can I use 308 bullets?

Going to try this barrel for HP.

:D
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Steve Tapp
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 30 carbine load for 10" TC barrel?

Post by Steve Tapp »

Hi cedestech, I've tested my new load to group under 1/2 minute @100M. It is 13.5 grains of H4227 under a Hornady 110 grain V-max. C.O.L. is 2.100" winchester small rifle primer and r-p cases or win cases. It doesn't seem to matter which case is used. The important thing is No Smoked Cases. I used to shoot 8.8 grains under a Sierra 110 HP Varminter, but I would get smoked cases meaning the case wasn't expanding enought to seal the chamber. the 30MI carbine is one of the best calibers for HP along with 32 MAG,Win32-20,& 270 REN. Good Luck, Steve Tapp
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

THANKS for the info! :-bd

I haven't started loading it yet but will be shortly. I am getting my seed brass together right now.

I have read that brass grows alot on these. Are you having to trim each reload and what does the case
life look like?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Steve Tapp
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Steve Tapp »

Hi Cedestech, Case life is great, I haven't lost 1 case yet, 3 loadings. I trim every time because I trim to SAAMI max, 1.290", so any growth would be to long and it squares up the case mouth for uniformity. Where are you shooting? Steve Tapp
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Shooting at BRI in Houston. I shot some surplus military stuff out of it to recover the cases the other day.

I likey! :mrgreen: