2015 TSRA Hunter Pistol Silhouette Championship

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

2015 TSRA Hunter Pistol Silhouette Championship

Post by 22Hornet »

The 2015 Texas State Rifle Association - Hunter Pistol Silhouette Championship is June 6-7, 2015 in Houston, Texas at the Bayou Rifle, Inc. Addicks Range. The match program which includes an entry form is attached. There will be a half day of practice on Friday, June 5th. For more details you can also find the program on the TSRA website under events.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 2015 TSRA Hunter Pistol Silhouette Championship

Post by 22Hornet »

The 2015 Texas State Rifle Assoc. (TSRA) Hunter Pistol Silhouette Championship has been postponed due to flooding at the Addicks Range in western Houston. My backup site also suffered from similar flooding.

The match has been moved to the Austin Rifle Club, with their approval and has subsequently been approved and sanctioned by the TRSA and the NRA. The new date is June 20-21, with half a day of practice on June 19th. The revised program is attached. There will be NO late fees. I would however appreciate a mailed entry or at least an email letting me know you are coming. I also understand that this date conflicts with the TSRA Service Rifle Championship and I am sorry for that conflict, but I don't control the weather and I am trying to prevent any conflicts with Nationals that start soon after this event in all disciplines.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me get the event moved, approved and going again with little notice, particularly Tim Lee and Ms. Kramer at the NRA Comp office.

Regards,
Matt Lawrence
2015 TSRA Hunter Pistol Match Director
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22Hornet »

Up to 20 entries known with two weeks left. This might as well be Nationals since Texas is heart of what is left of Hunter Pistol. "Wonder if that will provoke anyone from another state."

We (Texas) will likely discuss putting on a Regional in 2016. Not sure where but would guess in Dallas or Austin if it comes to pass. Pennsylvania or Georgia is welcome to do something as well to help not let the last real pistol silhouette sport die. :((
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22Hornet »

The 2015 TSRA Hunter Pistol Silhouette State Championship is history. It will be remembered as the "Mud Match". I've been asked by a few to post the results. I am attaching a photo of each of the four matches. In separate postings. First will be the smallbore matches.
image.jpg
image.jpg
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22Hornet »

Here are the HP and HPMS results.
image.jpg
image.jpg
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Jeanne and I are going to approach the board at the Oklahoma City Gun Club and ask for approval to run Hunter Pistol along with our monthly lever gun match. Are there any suggestions that will make the combination smooth ? We shot with IHMSA shooters for a couple of years but the big boomers at our feet ran us off.
Just Be Nice **==
jmdavis45
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jmdavis45 »

Run hpsb with cowboy small bore and then pistol caliber with center fire hp. That's basically how it is done where I shoot in va. We run multiple relays.
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22Hornet »

The matches run the same just as described in previous post. same targets, same commands.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

22Hornet wrote:Here are the HP and HPMS results.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Anyone still have these results from last year? Looks like the image links are dead/expired now.

- Tim
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

I bet Matt does.

Kimbal
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22Hornet »

2015 TSRA results
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22Hornet »

2015 HPOS
mageepeak
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mageepeak »

Well, I feel the same way about .22 rifle bench rest and bulls-eye pistol I shoot-not dead yet. I'm 60 and the young fellow. So, we're headed down. Many discuss the problem and do little. I see only one "B" shooter in this sport. I believe it would be VERY helpful for all threads to post "HOW" to shoot. Not only the physical parts but the rules and targets. I have no idea what "Hunter Pistol" is but sure sounds fun to me. If one person starts shooting and a few others, then you have a start. If this stuff is posted, I haven't found it-sorry.