Swiss Black Powder

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Swiss Black Powder

Post by glen ring »

Do and vendors sell powder at the BPCR nationals ? I am going to need to buy some fff swiss and there are apparently no vendors in Oklahoma. If anyone knows a shop that sells it between Oklahoma and Raton new Mexico please clue me in.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Swiss Black Powder

Post by BrentD »

If you call Buffalo Arms right now, you may find that Dave Gullo has room in his truck to bring you a case. Otherwise, you mailorder it from them, or a dozen other places and have it shipped to your door. There are next to no vendors at the Whit that I've noticed other than t-shirt sales, SPG, MVA and John Walters. No one selling powder, but Dave has been known to bring a few cases - as many as allowed by the laws. Sort of thinking about doing the same myself, but could already be too late.

Brent
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

Glen,

Is there any reason you want 3F rather than 1 1/2 for BPCR?.................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

I believe Glenn is shooting a 38-55. The 3f might be the way to go in that cartridge.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I may contact Buffalo arms and see if they will bring some.

Jim
I tried Swiss 11/2 and the 38-55 shot well with it, but the groups really tightened up with 3f. This 38-55 is very accurate with a Lyman 335 grain bullet. When I take one out of a group I KNOW it's me.
BPCR is something I've wanted to try for years and now is the time.

I'm stocking up on components this year so I can shoot this fall and all next summer.

My goal next summer is to shoot the Lever Nationals , 22bpcr nationals and BPCR nationals IF they are all at Raton.

I shot Lever gun nationals and the scope gun nationals in smallbore and big bore last year.

I have given up on smallbore and big bore scope gun events. My scope guns are now for hunting only.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

What about the BPCR Scope Nationals (between .22 bpcr and iron sights BPCR)?
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

If you ordered a case of it from Powder Inc in the morning, you'll have it in time to load enough ammo for the nationals.
https://powderinc.com/black-powder/