.22 BPCR rifles? Rules?

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: .22 BPCR rifles? Rules?

Post by BrentD »

As far as I know, only the Targetspot junior is legal - the Targetspot is not.

Whether it is 1" of the objective lens or the bell housing the objective lens is a bit of a point of contention, but believe only Targetspot Jr. is legal (and the Lyman 5A and some other earlier Lymans, of course).

Another group of original scopes include some of the Winchesters - particularly the A5 and B5.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

FWIW, this is my favorite scope for BPCR and .22BPCR http://montanavintagearms.com/product/w ... o-2-mount/. Note that MVA sells it with two different sets of mounts. You need to be sure that you get the right ones. This is probably the most cost-effective solution as well. MVA has a pair of new scopes that they are working right now that might be even better however.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Is the late model Stevens Favorite legal? What is the main difference between the favorite and 44 actions? Never "seen" either in real life but have to assume by what they were chambered in that the favorite is a cam over and the 44 locks the action?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

cedestech wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:06 pm Is the late model Stevens Favorite legal? What is the main difference between the favorite and 44 actions? Never "seen" either in real life but have to assume by what they were chambered in that the favorite is a cam over and the 44 locks the action?
Yes it would be legal. Getting the trigger work done on the thing so you could hold centered on the rams, and having the tang drilled and tapped for a sight , might drive the cost up some.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Found this while surfing around
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vb ... &id=180409
Price is right
Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."