2018 (Montana) NW Regional Championships

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
Del
B Poster
B Poster

2018 (Montana) NW Regional Championships

Post by Del »

2018 Northwest (Montana) Regional BPCR Silhouette Championship Information

Location: Deep Creek Range near Missoula, MT. Sponsored by Hellgate Civilian Shooters organization.
Match Schedule: Matches start daily at approximately 9:30 depending on shadows.
Thursday, June 14th: Range open for practice.
Friday, June 15th: 40 Shot Scope Match
Saturday and Sunday, June 16th and 17th: Two 40 shot matches with an 80 shot two day Aggregate Iron Sight Match

**NEW THIS YEAR**
Due to the desire of many shooters to shoot scope and/or iron sights all three days, I have decided to allow
this to see how it works out. So if you want to shot scope or iron all three days, it is allowed. If you want to shoot in both
NW Regional Championships, you will shoot the 40 shot Scope match on Friday and the two 40 shot Iron matches with
80 shot Aggregate on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday Potluck Meal: There will be a no-charge Potluck dinner Saturday evening at the range with the Hellgate Civilian
Shooters Club supplying hamburgers and hot dogs. Everyone else can bring what they wish. Everyone is invited including
spouses, children, and traveling companions.

The Deep Creek Range is a very nice range mostly protected from the wind with a large elevated covered shooting line. The range is set up so that when you find your starting location you stay there for the rest of the day. There are ten animals for each shooting point which allows you to shoot your sighters plus your first five animals for score, then a short pause, then shoot the last five animals before resetting. The dry camping is exceptional with lots of shade from large pine and fir trees as well as well maintained forest service style outhouses. Bring you own water as there is none available at the range. June is a wonder time of the year to be camping in Montana with nice temperatures, minimal insects, and long hours of light. Early arrival at the range is allowed. Just stop at the main entrance gate and talk to Dan, the range manager.

Competition at this match has always been good with the match being well attended in the past. There has always been several national and state champions shooting so you want to bring your "A" game. Mike Venturino will once again be supplying us with door prizes to be given out by drawing on Saturday after the potluck dinner with burgers and dogs supplied by the gun club. My wife's business, Quiltworx, will once again be donating a quilt for the lady shooters. Her quilts are highly admired and this is the only place you can win one by just attending!

I have also set up an on-line entry process which is located on my webpage/calendar of upcoming events. The URL is: http://www.mtbpcr.com . Once you gain access to the webpage, on the far right is a window labled "NW Regional". Clicking on this gives you access to download the information/entry form as well as a link to the on-line signup page. If you have signed up on-line before your information is probably already there but may need to be updated. You will need your basic information as well as you password from before or your NRA number. You can also create a new account. When available, there will also be access to squadding and attendee information. A direct link to the info/entry form is here: http://www.mtbpcr.com/mtbpcrCalendar/fl ... egInfo.pdf

Hope to see you attending and if you have any questions, just email me at: del@mtbpcr.com
Last edited by Del on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2018 (Montana) NW Regional Championships

Post by OldRanger »

Del, your dates are off by a day. Thursday is the 14th, sun is the 17th.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Del
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Del »

Good find!! I must have looked at that and checked it 25 times... Fixed it now.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Never would have caught it but I was working on the web page for HCSA and noticed the dates.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.