What do you do while you wait?

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Re: What do you do while you wait?

Post by Taps »

G'day from the Game Ranch,
I think that is a fair comment from Shandy that the fella's he was shooting with sucked, after all he was with the Chairman and other brothers from the Island.
Taps
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by boats »

Jason wrote:Having only seen one BPCR match (500yd at paper) ever, I was wondering what you typically do after the shot is fired and are waiting for it to hit the target. Compared to HP silhouette, it seemed like you could go get coffee while waiting. I really do wonder how long the follow through typically is in a BPCR silhouette match, though. In all my matches, I follow through until the bullet hits the target and it falls. That seems like it would be overdoing it for BPCR silhouette, though. Do you typically follow through for one second and then lean over to watch through the scope?
I never wait for the strike or look through a scope. Start my bore wipe routine soon as the shot gets off, listen for my spotter to tell me hit or miss & use his spotting board to confirm call and strike. Takes long enough to wipe wet then dry then reload, make any sight adjustments needed you don't have time to watch strikes through a scope.

Boats
rr2241tx
Unclassified Poster

Post by rr2241tx »

Can't speak for everyone but I watch and hold my last half breath while the smoke clears. I wipe one damp between shots after seeing the strike. Watching for the strike forces me to slow down and pace my shots.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

I watch THROUGH THE SIGHTS for the animal to fall over (follow through), then I glance at the flags or other wind indicators, and begin the wiping process.

There is no single correct answer to your question however.

Boats, you need to figure out how to do the wet and the dry in ONE pass with the wiping rod. It can be done.