Return to Rankins BPCR Silhouette

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Return to Rankins BPCR Silhouette

Post by Taps »

G'day All,

Thought I'd post a reminder here about the Return to Rankins BPCR shoot on the weekend of the 18-19th August.
The format will consist of practice Friday afternoon, then a 40 shot warm-up / grading match on the Saturday , with some sighting-in time beforehand. This match will have a rolling start to cater for those that have long distances to travel. Last detail to start approximately 12.00 midday. On Sunday 19th a 40 shot match for the NSW BPCR Silhouette State Championships with State medals awarded afterwards.
Canteen for breakfast and lunch both days, Early nominations would greatly help for organising the catering , competitor packs and prizes.
For more details please check the Australian Shooter/competition news.
"Anybody who's anybody" has Smoked Silhouettes in the Scrub at Rankins Springs. :-bd

Taps
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Return to Rankins BPCR Silhouette

Post by the ex pom »

me, doc and the missus will be there. We'll be getting in late friday night.
I'll have my wogchester
She'll have her bitchchester
and Doc will have his bucket gun

The Stinking Pom
348 winchester,teach them chickens a lesson, when a girls gun will not do. Man up with a steel buttplate!!!!!
oldrifleman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by oldrifleman »

Sounds like fun, unfortunately it is little far right now. Have fun down under! Steven
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

G'day from the Game Ranch

Do I take that as official nominations Pom?
Lets hope the pub doesn't run out of beer on us again, perhaps I had better warn him you are coming.

Taps
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

Post by the ex pom »

Yea taps you can take it as official noms. You'd better warn him cus me doc and Ash will definately have 1 or 2 :))
348 winchester,teach them chickens a lesson, when a girls gun will not do. Man up with a steel buttplate!!!!!
russ4570
B Poster
B Poster

Post by russ4570 »

That's only 5 hours away. mmmmm if Penny and will are not here that weekend I will be there. They have been planning a trip down here for quite some time and August is the month. Not sure which date though, wont know until it gets closer.
Regards.
Call it a tentative nom.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

G'day Russ
It would be great if you could make it.
I went to a Buffalo Rifle Association shoot at Cooyal on the weekend. Another excuse to get the Sharps out. We shot at a new Buffalo Gong from 700 and 500yds and a metre square plate off-hand at 300yds on Saturday and 900yds at the Buffalo again on Sunday. Had a great weekend, finshed 4th out-right.
Return to Rankins is shaping up to be another good shoot, so we hope to see you there.
Taps
russ4570
B Poster
B Poster

Post by russ4570 »

Its looking good, I recon I'll be there, told Penny and she gave me the pass out.

I just have to remember exhale not inhale on the blow tube, Bill Clinton style. =))
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

Post by the ex pom »

A great weekend was had by all the shooters. Congratulations to Dan (Taps) and Sharon for putting on such a good weekend of shooting :ymapplause:
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

the ex pom wrote:A great weekend was had by all the shooters. Congratulations to Dan (Taps) and Sharon for putting on such a good weekend of shooting :ymapplause:
Results... Results we are waiting to hear all the sorted details :D
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

Post by the ex pom »

me and Ash shot 20 each
Russell and taps shot 16
the fat chairman started like a house on fire with 7 turkeys, then he burnt out and double egged rams and chickens. =))
the fat selector, Dorc and a heap of others finished just below the chairman.
Dave True won AA grade with a monster score
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

the ex pom wrote:me and Ash shot 20 each
Russell and taps shot 16
the fat chairman started like a house on fire with 7 turkeys, then he burnt out and double egged rams and chickens. =))
the fat selector, Dorc and a heap of others finished just below the chairman.
Dave True won AA grade with a monster score
=)) Congrats... Glad to see The Chairman, Russell and Dooga showed up. So Dooga even won something too (sandbagger he is), ahhh never the less a great day it was. :D
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

G'day from the Game Ranch
The Pom is being a bit modest on Ash's behalf, in her first match, she shot herself straight into master grade on Saturday with a 27 and turned a chicken :cry: Conditions were overcast and windy, the targets stood out well and the wind got rid of the smoke if you got the timing right. Dinner and beer at the pub went well and the publican now wants to sponsor the event next year.

On Sunday the sky was clear and the wind died right off. The early details were tough with the targets hard to define due to the sun being behind them.
Ash and the Pom top scored with 20 each, Russ and myself 16 followed by the Chairman on 13
Dooga shot a personal worst to take out AA grade , it helps when you're the only one :D

All up the weekend went well and we are planning for next year to be bigger and better again. BPCR Smallbore, Service Rifle and BPCR.
Watch this space. :-bd

Taps
Taps
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

G'day Folks
Further to the Return to Rankins weekend.
Whilst downloading photos, Mrs Taps found some video she had taken with her phone. Not much to see in the video but the audio was a cracker.
Spotting for the Fat Selector, The Chairman can be heard using the excuse " sorry Con, I couldn't see your shot because someone blew smoke in my eyes" to which big Spade is heard to reply, "better than blowing it up your a## " =)) The camera never lies.

Taps
daisy
A Poster
A Poster

Post by daisy »

And now The Chairman is also Mr. President of Tassie. :ymapplause: