scope elevation

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

scope elevation

Post by the ex pom »

For those of you who shoot BPCR Scoped how much elevation is required on an MVA to get from 200 to 500m? Im shooting a 40-65 with a 420 saeco and 52g swiss 1.5f.

Thanks Dave
348 winchester,teach them chickens a lesson, when a girls gun will not do. Man up with a steel buttplate!!!!!
Outback Mick
B Poster
B Poster

Re: scope elevation

Post by Outback Mick »

Pom,
Considering the "scopes are a passing fad" saying it saddens me greatly to see you asking for such information. I suppose now your poor old lever guns will have Tascos fitted by the end of the year.......

Maybe you'll trade everything in on some "black guns" with picatinny rails and tactical this & that, nice.........

See you this weekend

Mick
Camels are the best silhouettes
Down Under F-Troop
DownEast John
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DownEast John »

Hi Dave,
I'm shooting 40/65 w/ same load [saeco and either 52 3f or 56gr. 1.5 swiss]. I think the easiest way will be to just give you my sight settings and you find your chicken setting just use the same up's for the rest of the critters.
C = 7 P=11 T =17 R =23 HTH You coming to Raton next year???? John :D
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

Post by the ex pom »

Thanks John, we will have a contingent at Raton this year for cowboy, BPCR, BPCR Scoped and the 2 BPCR Smallbore matches.
Ive decided to take the heat from the others and get a scope for my BPCR rifle, I predict we will see more scopes in Australia shortly.

Dave
348 winchester,teach them chickens a lesson, when a girls gun will not do. Man up with a steel buttplate!!!!!
DownEast John
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DownEast John »

Dave, I forgot to add, those settings are for a MVA on a hi-Wall at 10" spaceing. 3 tics = 1 MIN.. oN 7" spaceing 2tic's = 1min. This is on a 23" MVA scope. Do you self a favor and get a set of the big 1 min. knobs if you get a MVA . With a longer scope you will loose some LR ability.
I also have a leatherwood W/ DZ mounts, a very good rig, down side is the crosshairs are pretty thick, but useable.
New MVA Win A5 w/ opt. target mounts is very good too, cheaper, but only 5X. You can't really tell the difference though.

The matchs I shoot in around the USA are having equal numbers enter scope/ iron class's. The OLD FART SNYDROME is to blame I think. :))
Some of this info is elementary, excuse me, I just didn't want to see you make a expensive mistake. HTH
I ment are you personally going to be at Ratone???? I met the AUT. team last year there, Good crew.
Don't be afraid to ask all the Ques. you want, John
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

Post by the ex pom »

Gday John, thanks all info is good info when you know bugger all about the game. I was there last year and Im part of the team that will be there this year as well.
I have a set of the big MVA MOA knobs, they seem to be the way to go.

Dave