Bpcr nationals

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
Bear
B Poster
B Poster

Bpcr nationals

Post by Bear »

Hi All,
Has anyone got results from Raton.

Bear
russ4570
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Bpcr nationals

Post by russ4570 »

they are all too slack to write anything! It is the pom after all.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

My remark on this is that they are certainly totally out of sorts what with their wives along not one was themselves at the lever guns...so who knows how they are doing.
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Last night, they were doing pretty damn well at the close of the matches. It was great having them here. They gave the matches a great international perspective and everyone was glad to have them. I believe they are driven back to LA to catch their flight.

Brent
Bear
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Bear »

Thanks for the update.
I will look for the thumb print on there forehead when they get home.

Bear
russ4570
B Poster
B Poster

Post by russ4570 »

Innocent wrote:My remark on this is that they are certainly totally out of sorts what with their wives along not one was themselves at the lever guns...so who knows how they are doing.
Innocent
Yes, The old thumbprint will slow down most. Not me though, (look how Brave I am cause Penny doesn't read this forum). PS please don't anybody tell her else I'll get skun.
PS has anybody posted a wrap up of the BPCR nats scores??? Am keen to see how we all went??
Russ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Neither Tim nor I could even get them to do a side bet...
Innocent

BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Just for you guys to get a jump on scores. Here are photos of the score boards. Totals you will have to figure for yourselves. The photos are large, high resolution so you can blow them up and read what you need to see.

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/P ... 202014.jpg

Note, one particular Aussie did superbly well in the first day of scope match - her chicken count was staggering.
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jessie/P ... 202014.jpg

Wind conditions on the second day of both the Scope and Irons matches were really really challenging, and I think they left feeling they need to learn how to better call the wind when spotting. Next time they come they will be scary good.

I spotted for Dan MacDonald during the .22 BPCR match (sorry no scores to offer), and he shot very well, despite having to learn to use his MVA scope for the first time (not simple at all) and his .22 liner was giving him some fits too, as it was not yet well tuned to the rifle he was using. Those two issues caused him to rush because time limits became a factor. But it was all good practice for the BPCR scope match that was to follow 2 days after.

Overall, I think they had a lot of fun and I know we all really enjoyed having them. They are great competitors and we hope to see them and some more of you guys in the future.

Brent
Bear
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Bear »

Thanks Brent for the results much appreciated, I see the pom got beat by his better half.

Bear
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Aye, his better half is amazingly good. AND she has a good spotter :) I believe she was high woman for the scope match. She certainly was on the first day. If they get a little more practice calling wind and spotting - American Style, they will be a force to contend with for sure.

Why don't you guys send a dozen next year. We sure would like to have 'em and I think the Cold Beer can stand the business.

Brent
russ4570
B Poster
B Poster

Post by russ4570 »

Thanks for that. I'll give Taps a phone call when I get home to Aus and see how he enjoyed the trip. He will be upset that the liner was giving grief as I know we all bought them at the same time and his was shooting groups at 200m that I cannot replicate with a Anschutz. Mrs Pom can shoot up a storm, Beats Pom regularly, much to his disgust.
As for a combined team, well I think we all just need to coordinate our time off better and then it would be an en mas Aus assault.
Regards. Russ
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

He said the liner just needed a bit more adjustment, but he didn't have time for that before the match. Overall, I think he likes it well enough. Just needs more tinkering. Seems like a good way to go when having to travel half the globe.

It is a bit of a PITA when shooting with a scope however.

Brent
russ4570
B Poster
B Poster

Post by russ4570 »

Innocent wrote:Neither Tim nor I could even get them to do a side bet...
Innocent
What no Slammer bets even???
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

No slammer bets, despite much encouragement from the Yank side.
Innocent

BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

You guys seem to be speaking in code. I noticed that about you Aussies. I only speak English so "Slammer bets" and the "thumbprint" think must be like a secret handshake or something. Another thing I noticed about Aussies - you can always bait them with beer... :)