Aussies at BPCR

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
Outback Mick
B Poster
B Poster

Aussies at BPCR

Post by Outback Mick »

Folks,
Just a short note to say thank you to all who helped us during the BPCR matches at Whittington last week.In particular we all have to thank Brent for getting our powder organised otherwise it would have been a pretty quiet affair in the aussie camp..... Everyone we spoke to were glad to see us, or almost all of us. Mr Chilson I'm sure is still smarting from the "chicken incident" on the first day...... I'm sure a few folk will remind him of that moment for some time to come.
We have a great deal to learn in regard to spotting in wind amongst other things but on the whole for a first/second effort we seemed to go OK (apart from my loose front sight on day three.....) Experience takes time and we haven't yet done enough match shooting in "bad" conditions to allow us to begin to develop the skills required for high level spotting. A well known shooter before the matches said to me that the spotter was 70% of the score. At the time I hesitated to agree, but as the matches progressed it was obvious he was correct.
I'm sure we will return to Whittington for BPCR in the future sometime. Hopefully we will be more hardened in our approach to wind & conditions down range than we are at the moment.

Thank you all once again for your help & advice.

Regards,
Outback Mick
(the quiet one)
Camels are the best silhouettes
Down Under F-Troop