Ridgway Rifle Club April 2015

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
45bpcr
A Poster
A Poster

Ridgway Rifle Club April 2015

Post by 45bpcr »

Hello Shooters,

It’s only 20 more days until our first match of the season.
April 26th at the Ridgway Rifle Club.
I’m certainly looking forward to it after this winter.
It will be our standard 40 shot match. Don’t forget to bring extra ammo for sighters and practice on Saturday.
Cost will still be only $25.00 plus tips for our hard working target setters.
The will be a mandatory shooters meeting held at 8:45 AM and shooting should begin at 9:00 AM.

On a side note, one of the concerns that was mentioned more than once in our survey, was lack of experience shooting in a match environment.
If you’d like to see what it’s like, please come to the practice day on Saturday. There will be folks there who will be happy to give you advice with things such as sight settings, load development, shooting technique and any other questions you may have. We want it to be an enjoyable experience for all.

Regards in shooting,

Craig Duncan - 2015 Match Director
Cduncan@duncansauto.com
603-434-1349 Weekdays
603-845-9727 Evenings and weekends
Live Free Or Die
45bpcr
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Ridgway Rifle Club April 2015

Post by 45bpcr »

On the subject of loading for the Black Powder Cartridge Rifle,

The clubhouse on the High Power range at Ridgway now has a loading bench complete with a Rockchucker press and RCBS accessories such as a priming tool, scale, powder measure and all the other accoutrements needed.

If a new shooter wanted to learn how to assemble match grade ammo all they would need to bring with them would be their components, dies and shell holders.
With prior notice, I could supply custom expander dies in 38, 40, and 45 calibers ( sorry the only 44 I shoot is pistol ) I also have powder compression dies in the calibers listed.
It could be a good opportunity if one wished to learn to load ammo and try it on actual targets the we shoot in silhouette.

If interested, please let me know.

Craig Duncan - 2015 Match Director
Cduncan@duncansauto.com
603-434-1349 Weekdays
603-845-9727 Evenings and weekends
Live Free Or Die
45bpcr
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Ridgway Rifle Club April 2015

Post by 45bpcr »

Congratulations to Brian Chilson, winner of the April 2015 match at Ridgway with a score of 34. It was a cool spring day, with partial sunshine and variable breezes. Dave Heeter took 2nd Open with a 25, and John O'Donnell earned 3rd Open with a 24. Brian also won 1st Scope with a score of 30. Complete results are below.

We sent out a survey to Ridgway shooters a couple months ago, and have sent the results to participants. If you'd like to see a copy, email Carolyn at csnyder@snyderconsulting.net. A few tidbits:

Some people don't come because they lack a spotter. We can fix that - just show up!
If you can come the day before the match and bring some extra ammo, you might get someone new hooked on BPCR.
Observers at the matches are always welcome.
The club will waive the match fee for any unregistered shooter. In other words, the first match is on the house!
We're looking forward to seeing old and new friends in May!

Sincerely,
Craig Duncan

Match Director, Ridgway BPCR

cduncan@duncansauto.com

603-434-5796 (weekdays)

603-845-9727 (cell)
ridgway 4-15.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Free Or Die