Savor small victories.....

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Savor small victories.....

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I'm an old guy and not much of a high power shooter, but I love it..... I'm also a worse reloader than shooter, and this year at Raton about half my ram .260 loads, 142 SMK w/ 45 grains of Reloader 22, wouldn't chamber because the shoulder wasn't set back far enough, and Loren Peter's tight chamber on my new Lilja barrel was just having none of it..... In a panic, Mietenkorte and I sorted through them and found just about enough to shoot the match. Just about. At the end, I was four rounds short. So I decided what the heck, I'd just crack off four of my CPT loads, 107 SMK w/ 37.5 grs of Varget, at those four dirty old rams left..... I figured nobody was looking at me anyway, and so what would it matter.... Hah, out of those four piddly little rounds, I got two rams! They went down slow, kinda like they were bleeding to death, but down they went! I was delighted!

So, when I think of Raton, do I think of my piddley score, or of the two cases I put no powder in at all? Nope! I think of those two rams that went down with the 107s, and I grin....I grin all over the place! Heck, next year I just might shoot all 107s! (Don't panic, Mietenkorte, I'm joking! Joking!).

This sport teaches you to savor small victories if it teaches you anything, and if you don't end up learning that.... you're in trouble, mate, big trouble, and you should take up golf!
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Savor small victories.....

Post by glen ring »

I shot my first HP match at Raton. I sucked at it and didn't even have a decent Ram/Turkey zero until the last day. I have always been pretty good at everything I've ever tried...except HP Silhouette. Now I'm hooked. It's a cool game and I highly recommend it to Hunters with their chosen/legal deer rifle.
Just Be Nice **==
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

GOLF!!! Not that, anything but that! :-q
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Just think of the shooting facility you could build with the land and money a golf course costs.
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Post by saikatana »

OK I give up. What caliber do you use for golf????????
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I don't have a clue but.......... they hit little white balls a long ways. That's gotta hurt. :ymdevil:
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

saikatana wrote:OK I give up. What caliber do you use for golf????????
The 'best' caliber for golf is a hotly debated as the 'best' caliber for Silhouette. :))