Tikka T3's on sale

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Tikka T3's on sale

Post by thauglor »

Not affiliated with them, but good prices on the remaining Tikka T3's at Eurooptic http://www.eurooptic.com/tikka-t3-rifle ... medium=JAB

Lite 243W for $449 still and the forest in 6.5x55 is still $599
Last edited by thauglor on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Tikka T3's on sale

Post by cslcAl »

Well I live 8 miles from Europtic. I've never bought anything there as they are a little pricey. However these prices on T3's are pretty good. I just went down and bought a T3 Stainless Lite in 6.5 X 55 to hunt with, for $549.00.
The sale is quite impressive, the main aisle of there showroom has 8 pallets of T3's stacked 5 ft. high per pallet. The owner said he had 8 more pallets in the warehouse. I've never seen guns stacked up like that before.

I bought 3 T3 Forests last year, and I really like them. I'm using them for my HP hunter rifles. I didn't want to drag them around in the brush deer hunting, so the T3 Lite will do that job very well.

By all means check out their web site.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Nice, that is exactly what I have coming in Thursday :D
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

Was in town to party at my cousins house, bought a .260 Forest for a casual HP Hunter rifle per Al's comments. While there also purchased a lefty .30-06 stainless Hunter for my kid. They have pallet's and pallet's of them. Al Bean
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I was thinking about getting one of the T3's with the Forest stock in .260 Remington for HP silhouette. The only downfall that I see is the single stage trigger. I perfer a two stage trigger.

Does anyone make a two stage trigger for the Tikka?

I read that someone posted that the Tikka barrel will heat up from being shot. Is that from rapid fire or is the 5 silhouette shots spaced out enough to keep the barrel cool? Thanks Ken
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I have a Barnard 2 stage on my match rifle but not for silhouette. The Barnard does not have a safety. The only two stage with a safety I know of was the CG Jackson Extreme trigger but they are not made any more.

Just looked it up and Bix n Andy do make a trigger for the Tikkas, it will cost you around $450, but the word is in match rifles they are the best (according to some lol).

The Tikka trigger is very nice and I prefer two stages as well.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Can anyone point me to the Bix N Andy triggers somewhere? I have a T3 and the trigger is crisp but single stage. Its killin me. I would love to get a 2 stage in there.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

The single stage trigger is the only thing that is stopping me from buying one. That is why I haven't pulled the trigger on one.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Found the Bix n andy at https://bulletcentral.com/product/bixn- ... 3-trigger/

I think they are the importer for them but not sure. Also not sure if it's a two stage or not, and from the bix website it says the adjustment range is from 50-800 grams, still less than the 2 lbs for hunter rifle.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

thauglor wrote:the bix website it says the adjustment range is from 50-800 grams, still less than the 2 lbs for hunter rifle.
Rats. Anyone ever tried to wedge an Anschutz trigger in a tikka? ;)
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

That would be nice to have an Anschutz 5018( with spring change) or 5022 trigger on a Tikka T3.
I called Bix & Andy's today and spoke to a very nice lady.

I asked her if the trigger is a one stage or a two stage trigger?

I also asked if the first stage could go up to approx. 25 ounces and if the second stage could be set at approx. 9 or 10 ounces.

She said that the gentleman that knows about the triggers is out of town until Friday. She sent him an email with my questions. Hopefully I will hear from on Monday. I will let you know when I hear from him. Ken