Which one?

Post by DavidABQ »

Remington 260 or 6.5x55 swede?
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Which one?

Post by cslcAl »

I have a few of each. Love them all. The 6.5 Swede is just cool because it's been around for so long.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

Mr Foust makes a good point. If it's a dedicated silhouette rifle I'd go with the .260 rem.

If you're going to hunt with it I'd go with the 6.5x55. The 260 holds 53.5 gr of h20 while the swede holds 57.9.

You'll never need to max out load the remington for our game. Having said all that. I'm in the "I like em weird" camp. I prefer to hunt with a savage 99 or a vintage sporterized mauser. So go the way your gut tells you. I noticed a lot more guys shooting the swede at Raton this year (I was on a squad with 2 such gents). Neither is lacking for accuracy with a good load.
Res ipsa loquitur
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Thank you gentlemen.
Brd_Hntr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Brd_Hntr »

These two cartridges are just about ballistic equivalents, but the .260 Remington will fit in a short action.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

When I was looking at the different caliber choices for HP silhouette, I narrowed the choices down to 6.5X47 lapua, the .260 remington or the 6.5 Creedmore. All 3 are very close. My final choice was the .260 Remington. One reason for chosing the .260 was the availably of commercially produced factory ammo if needed. The rifle would have been the Tikka T-3 with the Forest stock.

But before I bought the .260, I found a very good deal on a Sako Mod. 75C in 7mm-08. That Sako is my main HP rifle. I know the guru would agree with me.

Now I do have about 300 fired brass for the .260 remington. If I was to buy another HP rifle, I would probably go with the .260 remington just because I have brass. Who has a better reason to buy another rifle. Unless I find another (too good to pass up) deal for another 7mm-08. Ken