Tikka Rifles

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Tikka Rifles

Post by BCloninger »

Glen, probably anything in 6.5mm will have just a little less thump than your 7-08, which "just" leaves 260, 6.5x55 (a Tikka favorite), and Creedmoor to choose from. If you go full custom, you can add 6.5x47 to that list.

Euro-Optic still has T3's in 260 and 6.5x55 on sale, in Forest and Hunter models, so if that's how you're leaning these are good choices. I'd love to order one of each just on principal, but I'm running out of hiding places.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

I was in Eurooptic's showroom yesterday and they still have skids of these rifles lined up down the center aisle.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Do not tell me that Al! I'll order two more in different calibers! (Do they have group rates? I'm asking for a friend. :) )
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

Post by the ex pom »

Glen I bought one in 7-08 for our hunter gun silhouette, loved it so much I had to buy another for heavy gun, although I put a different stock on that one so It handles better. I think at last count I had about 5 tikka t3's in the safe.
Great rifle out the box, relatively cheap and the factory barrels seem to shoot. The only issue I have is the crappy plastic mags, but I believe that they may have that fixed now or aftermarket stuff is readily available.

Dave McCarthy
348 winchester,teach them chickens a lesson, when a girls gun will not do. Man up with a steel buttplate!!!!!