Ripple Effect

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Ripple Effect

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

.308 to 7mm-08, why yes indeed. The .308 case neck has been shrunken and stretched to sizes from .224, .243, .257 .264, .277, .284, .338, .358. Some failed, others were standardized and thrive. You have much to learn my son, all in good time. 8)
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I agree Dustin.
I won't quit shooting. I was just wondering what folks will think AND I was blowing off a little steam.

I have never liked an organization or just a few people in that organization making major changes with out consulting with the body of shooters..Not counting some one sided survey. I know that game very well. Hell, I've made some great pie charts quoting statistics and have fooled hundreds..until I showed them the game.

If one or two people at the NRA have made the decision to move the nationals around then they own that decision. If the body of shooters wants to complain, send letters demanding the resignation of those that own those decisions, I'm ok with that also.

A regional at the Whittington Center is a great idea .

Jeanne and I were talking about this over dinner tonight, so this post is very well timed.

We couldn't come up with a proper name for the match though and maybe you guys in the west and south can add your two cents worth so whomever runs the thing will have an idea what to call it.

" International Cowboy Lever Action Championships"...'.Cowboy Lever Action World Championships" I don't know. Please post ideas for match names .
Just Be Nice **==
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

How about "The Intergalactic Cowboy Lever Action Championship".

This would of course attract all of the intergalactic cowboys!
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

I read this forum but almost never post.

I do not understand the rant of the original poster. A history of slamming everyone with a rifle over $600, he claims he's thinking of buying two tricked out rifles. But he won't shoot a match that isn't convenient, won't support events that he can attend. I attended the IHMSA championship at OKC last summer, they have a wide array of silhouette available but the OP refuses to drive 60 miles to attend?

From his past posts, he desperately wants everyone to take up his challenges to shoot stock factory rifles in an event that he refuses to attend, and beg him to not quit a sport he already doesn't participate in. He won't travel "east" for a match, but he wants people like me to come to his match and challenge him? for a sandwich?

I don't get it.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

I remember right after I started shooting Silhouettes, Jeff Boyer was the match director at the time, someone was moaning and groaning about this and that, treating to quit shooting, so I went up to Jeff and told him that So and So is all pissed off and threatening to quit. Jeff looked at me and said "Well So and So doesn't want to shoot too bad does he".
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Hawkeye br
I don't care where you go or what you do once you get there. If two stock rifles are tricked out I have missed something
I don't want anyone to beg me for anything.
Do us both a favor and delete/block me.
I think we should become better strangers.
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Just Be Nice **==
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Glen please switch to decafe.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Canon82
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Canon82 »

I wish glen would just go away I am tired of hearing him moan all the time . He drags the sport down.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Canon82 wrote:I wish glen would just go away I am tired of hearing him moan all the time . He drags the sport down.
Canon82, maybe you just need a little more freeboard and buoyancy. :roll: :roll:
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Aw canon...maybe you should lighten up..or come shoot a match with me sometime. I'm not a cranky old white man that drags the sport down, I'm a lively character that has SO much fun. Now come to Oklahoma City and shoot a match with me...or maybe I'll see you at the Nationals in Raton. Better yet, maybe I can come shoot a match that you put on. Where are you a match director and what is your sport? Maybe I'll come there sometime. xoxoxoxoxoxxo
Just Be Nice **==
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

We all whine about the arms race when we start, and then we see the light. Ain't no saint like a reformed sinner...
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis