Ripple Effect

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Ripple Effect

Post by glen ring »

I was considering investing in a HP Silhouette rig. $1800.00 bucks and when Jeanne would want the same rig, that's $3600.00. The only HP match we would shoot would be the Nationals at Raton once a year because they were days from the CLA nationals and the SB nationals. We would gladly shoot all three there every year. With the back east flip flopping, ( we refuse to drive three days to go back east ) I would only be shooting a match at age 62, 64, 66...Not worth it. No money spent. No interest in starting a HP or SB silhouette program at our wonderful range .

We wondered what would happen if the NRA flip flopped the CLA nationals. We refuse to drive three days back east, would find the sport not worthwhile and sell all of our rifles while cancelling our matches at Oklahoma City. All of our buds would certainly not drive three days back east and most would quit shooting CLA. The west coast would be required to drive twice the distance,,,I wonder if they would quit shooting as well.

Then we wondered , if that happened, why would we have any interest in being an NRA member ? I think we'd cancel and stop giving them money.

Looks like the decisions of one or two people at the NRA can make a BIG impact.

I hope the numbers grow and everything turns out all right, but if it doesn't, there are two nice bowling alleys 20 minutes west of us. How much is a ball and shoes these days?
Just Be Nice **==
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Ripple Effect

Post by cslcAl »

Glen,

You forgot to add, " I'll take my bat and ball and go home "

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Sorry if I hurt your feelers Al.

I have always admired JC WATTs. He was a football great and gifted speaker from my area. He had a way of throwing out a statement to see who responded. My Grand father explained the technique like this " When you throw a big rock in a dog pen the hound that yelps the loudest is the one that got hit' Sorry if I hit a nerve.

Speaking of nerves, my bat drags the ground sometimes and I need to take it home to heal up.
Have a great weekend. xoxoxoxox
Just Be Nice **==
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

No offense taken here Glen. When the time comes I can give you a bowling ball and shoes. Will 10 1/2 fit?

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Glen when you laugh the whole world laughs with you. When you cry you cry alone. Guess which one you are.

We bowl candle pin round here.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I guess I don't get it, you will quit the whole sport (CLA) if you don't have the nationals near you every year instead of every other year. And that is only because you don't want to travel far. And people call the millenials selfish.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Al
101/2 is way too small. I wear a 12 or 13. You know, what they say about guys with big feet really is true.

Thaglador
Our CLA match is the 15th of this month so quit being so selfish and come shoot with us. Most millennials can shoot better than you and there may be a couple at our match the 15th of this month .

Off to shoot a cla match with one of the nicest guys I know, James Slusher in Van Buren. Everyone have a great April xoxoxoxo
Just Be Nice **==
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Glenn, i guess it is ok for the east to have to travel 2 1/2 days to the nationals every year. And dont for get we traveled 2 days to your regional also. I am starting to hope you do take your bat and go home. This is all just stupid that people only think of them selves and not the rest of the shooters.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Just because you do not get to shoot a lot of matches with a rifle does not mean that you should not own that rifle. Sometimes it is the intensity and large amount of fun that you have you have with a particular rifle at just a few matches instead of a large quantity of matches that are mediocre. As far as my family goes we will always compete and hold silhouette matches no matter what the NRA or anybody else does in the future. As I type we are 1 minute away from the start of practice for our monthly air rifle match. Better get out to the firing line.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Insulting is all you have? And just recently I took you off my mute list. Back on it you go.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Glen, you are one odd duck. Maybe that's why I like you. Numerous times you have asked us for our opinions and advise about HP rifles you might want to buy. Seems to me you already have a good 7-08 for HP. There will be nothing gained by going to a .260 instead. I load mild as you should in 7-08. I feel no difference in recoil between them. That said, it is time you tell Jeanne no, you can not have your own HP right now. Learn to share the rifle you have, modify it to fit you both. If she likes HP then later on get her own rifle. HP is not for everyone.

You are "young" at about 60, still plenty of shooting life left in you. I will compete until I can no longer pick up and aim a rifle, say around 105 years.

If traveling to long distance matches turns you off then start your own Oklahoma Regional type HP match or a few monthly matches. I think you already have the targets? You could draw shooters from surrounding states I am sure. I will personally guarantee I would show up with several CO shooters, too. Often. You are a reasonably close drive. It sounds like your lever gun match is a huge success, no doubt an HP run by Jeanne and you would be also.

This week me and some buds will be driving to the AZ state HP. We mix up the travel to Phoenix with flying sometimes, too. I think this will be my 18th state HP match there. I look forward to 18 more. Start an Oklahoma HP match and they will come.

It is a wet, cold rain/snow day here today. Otherwise I would be practicing for tomorrows canceled CRC monthly match instead of messing on the internet. The next 7-08 round touched off by me will not be until 7th next week.....unless I sneak in a CRC visit this week. The next few days weather may nix that thought.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

You might as well quit now, I thought that the CLA Nationals have already been decided to be held at Ridgway in 2018.
ppkny
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:That said, it is time you tell Jeanne no, you can not have your own HP right now.
That's funny. :D :D :D :)) :)) :))

~Jeanne
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Bob

I'll never quit shooting or poking at people. I am a very YOUNG 60. I can still whip most of the population, drink more beer and bang the girlfriends better than most of the NOW generation of liberal young guys.

I bought a 7-08 on your advice and it's a solid 2 inch gun. Plenty good for me right now. I'll shoot HP silhouette with it again and add a better trigger and stock in the near future. I really liked HP when I tried it this year and I have been secretly ( until now ) getting my smallbore rifle set up better.

I'll shoot CLA until I can't see, put on the best matches in the Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas area and have a BLAST doing it.

We love to travel and I freely admit I'm WAY too competitive at everything I do. EVERYTHING.We shot a CLA match in Arkansas today and although there were only 10 guys/gals I wanted to win.

I REALLY like stirring up the young guys and giving me a reason to travel to their range and shoot. I spent my entire life competing against three very gifted athletic brothers, and most of my adult life has REQUIRED me to be competitive.

Just the other day I competed in a basketball game against some college guys...and we all talked trash the entire game....then shook hands .

I just don't get this deal about some guys getting all wound up when they get a challenge from me. I guess they have never competed in team sports . Competition makes us all better. It keeps me shooting and working out in my old age and it teaches the young guys to operate under pressure.

105 eh...One of my younger buds said he wants to live to be 90 and die on a 30 year old hard body woman. I told him his goals were all wrong. I want to be 90, hooked up with a 30 year old hard Body liberal woman and if one of us has to pass let it be her !!

We all need competition and goals. Come shoot with us sometime Bob.
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Mike
I don't like to travel back east. I carry a gun, but most eastern states aren't gun friendly. Jeanne and I don't have a bottomless account of checks coming in every month , we can't leave our farm unattended for very long and no sponsor gives us nice t-shirts to wear. WE have responsibilities. Don't take it so personal. I've explained it to you before. It's the travel states, and money issues. I hope you do well , that you guys have the biggest turnout in the history of the sport when you're running your matches........and that gun with the hair trigger has been repaired. We would travel 3 days to the west coast and shoot because there are so many cool things to see in the west.

Thaglador..Please block me, delete me whatever. OR you could come to our range , shoot a match with us and put me in my place by beating me. Then I'll buy you a coke and maybe even a subway sandwich. When I beat you I want the same . xoxo. have a safe weekend.
Just Be Nice **==