Tikka two stage trigger

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Tikka two stage trigger

Post by OldRanger »

Yeah, but I own the Tikka already......
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Porpoise
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Porpoise »

I have the barnard I like it. I found if I turned the first stage weight up to over a pound it started to bind up and nit get a good stop at the second but after I turned it down it was good I could get total pull to 2.5
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Mine doesn't have a safety so its stuck in standard class, so i keep it light.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

thauglor wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:50 am Mine doesn't have a safety so its stuck in standard class, so i keep it light.
Yeah I ordered that one too. So I decided what the hell and have now found a clearance thumbhole stock to try out. If I'm going standard might as well go all out!
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Varn »

I've thought about this safety issue before when I was considering a two stage on a Tikka hunting class rifle. Imagine you drill and tap the rear of the trigger guard. Insert and thread a nylon bolt into it. Turn bolt in until it touches back of trigger. You now have a manual functional safety. Unscrew bolt until rifle will fire. You now have a trigger stop if you desire one. The rule states "Rifles must be equipped with a functional safety." It DOES NOT SAY that it has to be quick, or original. I never tried it because I decided a two stage wasn't for me.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Yeah Varn I was thinking similar. Maybe just drill a hole in the trigger housing and put a pin in where it impedes the trigger. Just pull it out and the safety is off. Not that I have ever used a safety on my rifles.

Oh, so Boyds customer service sucks. Be careful if you ever order from them. I ordered a left hand stock for a left handed tikka. They sent me a left hand stock for a right hand bolt. They say thats what I ordered so I'm even getting charged a 12% restock fee. I'll never do business with them again. I told them if they dropped the fee I would reorder the correct stock, but no dice. They wanted to charge me that fee plus more shipping etc. So now I'm thinking after hunting season I might just have to send it off to Steve and get a stock made. Its about the same price to have a custom stock as it is to buy a mcmillian or manners, so why not get the best? Guess I'm shooting the wobblemaster 500 for the rest of the season lol....