Timney Calvin Elite trigger 700 remington

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Timney Calvin Elite trigger 700 remington

Post by kevinbear »

There are a few guys out there with expensive rigs, as you know most people highly modify that 500.00 factory Remington including me.
When you get ready to get into the highpower game I fully expect you to show up with a Stolle or other semi-custom actioned rifle put together by Mark or one of the other custom shops so you can laugh at us lowly 700 shooters who were to cheap to spend the money on a decent rifle. Most of those guns can be put together for less than 3500.00, pocket change for a design engineer.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Mr. K. Bear,

I will be lucky if I have a high power silhouette rifle, inexpensive or otherwise. I have to skip a lot of lunches to buy a brass tumbler! Pretty soon I will have to start skipping lunches if I want to afford attending Nationals next year.

Those of you blessed with the talent to be an extraordinary salesperson, like yourself, are the induviduals who join the custom rifle of the month club!

Us lowly civil servants are lucky to be able to afford buying a box of ammo every few months.
:ar!
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Your such a cheap basterd Dave, you plan on having all that money buried with you, this is it, there are no next times, no do over's, when your 85 and in a home and someone asks you if you ever shot any centerfire silhouette you don't want to have to answer, no I was never able to scrape together a grand for a rifle.
There more likely to believe or think to themselves, his mommy wouldn't let him. :oops:
Last edited by kevinbear on Tue May 16, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

LOL Dave don't worry we all ate peanut butter sandwiches for weeks just so we could buy all the crap you need for reloading. And who doesn't need to drop a few pounds anyway. :-j
For the record I used the beam scale for years before I bought a digital scale. Didn't tumble my brass and never cleaned a single primer pocket. I've got boxes of old reloading toys I've never used too. Money out the window.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

[quote="kevinbear"]Your such a cheap basterd Dave, quote]

LOL! That is very true! I would never have bought a 1712 if you had not sold me on one!

I have a Remington 700 that needs a modification or two. :ymdevil:
Porpoise
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Porpoise »

I bought another red timney they now come with adjustable first stage. It hits the second stage better than my first one although my older one is good. I had 1.5 pounds on the first stage and 3/4 on the second but sometimes the striker wouldnt cock. Its not a true 2 stage so maybe 3/4 is a bit light now i have about a pound on the second stage and it cocks all the time although i just put it on now and havent taken it to the range yet.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I got a chance to try Dave Bonners 2 stage Blix n Andy trigger last time he was up here. I think they are about $350. Its very close to my 1712 anschutz trigger in terms of smoothness. If I had a 700 I think thats what I would put in it.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
jrywho
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jrywho »

Thought I might add a couple of comments to the question.
The Timney Calvin Elite single stage trigger for the Rem 700 is quite good with a crisp clean break. Well worth the investment if your into single stage assemblies. I have two and both are better than several other manufactures including the standard Timney.
Timney makes a couple of two stage units, the standard (red) and Calvin Elite (blue).
I have a standard two stage (red) installed on a 700 for NRA Hunter class. While I do like the two stages this trigger doesn't break as clean as the Calvin single stage unit. I suspect the two stage Calvin model would be better but have not purchased or tested them.

That brings us to what I believe what is being discussed as the $500 trigger.

David Tubb makes to my knowledge the best two stage unit on the market today for a Rem 700. I'm sure there are others out there but I'm not familiar. Someone may have additional info , please comment.
David produces two models in the 7T7 trigger assembly. Standard weight and Heavy weight. They come without the bolt release so that must be purchase separately at a cost of $10.00. The present price of the 7T7 is under $400.00.
I highly recommend these triggers as the quality and function is superior to anything I've seen or used.

http://www.davidtubb.com/t7t-trigger-re ... %20trigger