Moly coat polymer tipped bullets......

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Moly coat polymer tipped bullets......

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Ready for the dumb question of the week? Can you moly coat polymer tipped bullets? (I hope so, because I just put a batch in.....). Any common knowledge about this idea I ain't got?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Moly coat polymer tipped bullets......

Post by Emietenkorte »

I think you'll be fine... Hornady sold the v-max in moly. If they can do it... so can you!

http://www.hornady.com/assets/files/cat ... _v-max.pdf
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Yeah, I just did it...... hopefully they'll go in the same general direction I'm pointing!
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
jask
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jask »

I coated 7mm 162 A-Max for years before they began to sell them. It works really well. If you clean the rifle, it takes a few rounds to coat the rifling again but after that, no problem shooting all weekend with no cleaning. When you begin coating, you have to work up your load again because the velocity changes.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Well, I flung most of them downrange yesterday at Pe Ell, and they seemed to work very well! I shot a high score (for me), and they seemed to work as well as the Sierras 107s I ran out of... cheaper, too.... gonna go get some more, and molly-coat them! They were 6.5 120gr Hornady ELDs sitting on 36 grains of Varget, btw...... Probably one of my higher turkey scores.....