Aftemarket Stock for Ruger American

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
MTelkhunter
B Poster
B Poster

Aftemarket Stock for Ruger American

Post by MTelkhunter »

I know that there are some wise folks on here so I need some advice. I shoot a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 CM and find the rifle extremely accurate for the first few shots. Once the barrel heats up a bit, I get some movement normally to the right. I have hogged a little plastic out of the barrel channel, but it still seems to touch the barrel once it warms up. Boyds makes a stock that is fairly inexpensive that looks like it will work. But....they have a couple of options. One that I am leading toward is the Prairie Hunter but want to make sure that the cheek piece is low enough to make the hunter class. What say you? Thanks.
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Aftemarket Stock for Ruger American

Post by Hotrodrockets »

I will follow your progress intently.
Also have an American .243w.
No matches yet.
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I use a Boyd's Prairie Hunter stock on my 7mm-08 hunting rifle. It is a great stock IMO. I cannot imagine that the cheek piece would be too high, but I will check it tonight and let you know.
tulsatime
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tulsatime »

I have the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor and have a Boyd's Prarie Hunter stock. The monte carlo cheek rise is legal and fits great to the face to keep your eye in line with the scope. It is much stiffer than the factory stock and MUCH prettier. It tightened up the grouping a lot vs the factory stock too. If you have the RAP watch your weight with the Boyd's. If you have a Leopold 25X light scope you are good, my Weaver T24 would have put me over on weight. You can remove the sling studs to cut an ounce or two.
Tulsatime