More expensive to feed, but worth it.

CZ527 ?

Post by Guest »

Anyone using a CZ527 ???
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

Someone, somewhere, has used one. What I'm saying is that it's not the rifle to buy for the sport but if you already have one it is exactly what you should use to jump in and get your feet wet.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

damn, he's good.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

yea - I've seen a lot of 700's but not many CZ's....

Never pondered the reason though - anyone want to take a stab?
ImageImage

Post by Guest »

First, according to CZUSA, the 527s are not chambered in anything legal for silhouette. Same for the Model 3.
The 550s are but, AFAIK all the CZ centerfires have single-set triggers. That makes them pretty ? for hunter...
Whether that feature can be adjusted out, I don't know. Even if it can be, it's been my experience that a single-set -- other than the Canjar -- adjusted that far, will seldom be a good 'standard' trigger. The Sako single set, for example, is good when properly adjusted but, with the set function taken out, it's sloppy.
If you want to use a 550 as a standard rifle it should be OK but you're sorta swimming against the current.
Maybe I've missed something?
nobade
Unclassified Poster

Post by nobade »

Don't think the 527 would be legal because of the protruding magazine. My wife shoots one in 7.62x39 in our cast bullet silo matches, but the mag could be called a palm rest.