Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Roger G. Parks Memorial Match

Post by Innocent »

1st Annual Roger G. Parks Memorial Match
Hosted by The Fort Bliss Rod & Gun Club

DATES: Saturday August 31st, Sunday September 1st, 2013

RANGE: Fort Bliss Rod and Gun Club Range, El Paso, TX. Take loop 375 North to Railroad Drive. Exit Railroad drive and head east to Roy Johnson Lane.

RULES: All current NRA rules apply.

ELIGIBILITY: The match is open to the public. It is NOT required that you be a member of the NRA or TSRA to compete. However, you must be a member of the NRA to have any National Record scores recognized.

COURSE OF FIRE:
• Saturday August 31st starting at 10 AM – 40 rounds High-power Hunting Rifle
• Saturday August 31st starting at 2 PM – 40 rounds Small-bore Hunting Rifle
• Sunday September 1st starting at 10 AM – 40 rounds Standard High-power Rifle
• Sunday September 1st starting at 2 PM – 40 rounds Standard Small-bore Rifle

PRACTICE: The range will be open for practice from 11 AM to 6 PM on Friday August 30th. Practice will be from 7 AM to 9 AM on Saturday and Sunday (match days).

ENTRY: Advanced entry is required. Advanced entries will be accepted until August 23, 2013. Competitors having special squadding requests or wishing to share rifles must indicate so with their advanced entry. No special squadding requests will be allowed the day of the match. Entries the day of the match will be contingent on space available.

ENTRY LIMITS:
• Standard and Hunting High-power rifle – 80 shooters each gun.
• Standard and Hunting Small-bore rifle – 120 shooters each gun.

ENTRY FEES: Entry for all four guns $100.00. Entries for each gun (if not shooting all four (4) guns $30.00.

CLASSIFICATION: 2013 NRA Rifle Silhouette Classification will be used. Classification books must be presented when registering. Those without classification books will be required to purchase one but proof of current classification must be provided otherwise, the shooter will compete in the highest class. New shooters without classification will fire their first 40 rounds in each gun in the highest class available. Resulting score will determine their classification for the match. Non US competitors will not be required to purchase a classification book provided they have proof of classification from their National Shooting Federation. Scores posted in their records will be classed according to NRA classification breakdowns.

SCORING: Scorekeepers will be provided.

JURY: A jury of three persons will be selected and will act as the final authority on protests or disputes concerning procedures, equipment, or other controversies.

EQUIPMENT: Rifles must meet all NRA specifications.

TIES: Ties will be decided by reverse animal count with the exception of Match Winner and Four Gun Aggregate.

SAFETY: All safety rules will be strictly enforced. Failure to comply with safety rules will be basis for disqualification with no refund of entry fees. Open bolt indicators are mandatory. THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PERMITTED DURING THE MATCH. ANY COMPETITOR COUGHT CONSUMING ALCOHOL DURING THE MATCH WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT WITH NO REFUND OF ENTRY FEES.

COACHING: A shooter may have one person coaching only.

AWARDS:
• Match Winner (each gun)
• 1st thru 3rd in each class (Masters, AAA, AA, A & B) each gun. Additional awards will be given out in each class if entries merit.
• High JR, High SR, High Woman each gun.
• Four Gun Aggregate Trophy for the high total of the 4 guns (only aggregate to be awarded.

Please specify special squadding requests on this sheet. _______________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

MAIL ENTRY FEES TO:
Frank Carrillo
3553 Broken Arrow Dr.
El Paso, TX 79936

PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: FRANK CARRILLO

For Hotel information or any other information, please contact:

Frank Carrillo phone 915-726-4898 e-mail: frank.carrillo1@att.net
Joe Rodriguez phone 915-588-5443
Marco Sanchez phone 915-727-4838

Food will be provided by the Ft Bliss Rod & Gun Club for a nominal fee. Approximate fees, breakfast burritos $2.00, lunch plate (burger, fries and soft drink), $6.00. The Club has an extensive menu for the kitchen.

We are currently working on match fees with the Marriott, Residence Inn and Holiday Inn Express.

ENTRY FORM

NAME:___________________________________________________________________________

ADDRESS:________________________________________________________________________

CITY:____________________________________ STATE:_________ ZIP CODE:______________

PHONE: ( ) _______________________ E-MAIL ADDRESS___________________________

JUNIORS / SENIORS DATE OF BIRTH:_______________________________

HUNTER HIGHPOWER CLASSIFICATION: MAST AAA AA A B

STANDARD HIGHPOWER CLASSIFICATION: MAST AAA AA A B

HUNTER SMALLBORE CLASSIFICATION: MAST AAA AA A B

STANDARD SMALLBORE CLASSIFICATION: MAST AAA AA A B

SPECIAL CLASSIFICATIONS: JR SR WM

MATCH FEES

FOUR GUNS $100.00 ______________ JUNIORS $ 50.00_______________

INDIVIDUAL GUNS
HUNTER HIGHPOWER $30.00_______________ JUNIORS $15.00________________

STANDARD HIGHPOWER $30.00_______________ JUNIORS $15.00________________

HUNTER SMALLBORE $30.00_______________ JUNIORS $15.00________________

STANDARD SMALLBORE $30.00______________ JUNIORS $15.00________________

TOTAL SUBMITTED__________________
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Roger G. Parks Memorial Match

Post by stsbuyer »

Scheduled the same weekend of the Texas State HP match. I guess no one from El Paso will be coming to state.
Paul Freeman
Alvin, Tx
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

think you figured that one out Paul, it is also same time as TN states but more shooting in El Paso!
Both HP and SB, so I know where I will be!

Mary

dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

stsbuyer wrote:Scheduled the same weekend of the Texas State HP match. I guess no one from El Paso will be coming to state.
Hummm... You'd think one of those matches would have been scheduled the weekend before or the weekend after. Looks like government-style planning.

Dustin
EL PUMA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EL PUMA »

Paul
Answer to your question about poor planning for the match. We scheduled the Roger Parks Memorial Match since February and I believe the State high-power Match was not scheduled until late May. People now have a choice where to shoot.
Jose Luis Rodriguez
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Jose,

You are right about everyone needing options on were to shoot. I just hate to see the matches scheduled on the same weekend, it's going to hurt the turnout at both. Not sure why the state match has not come back to El Paso by now. I love the range and the match is always well run. I guess like most things it is politics. But I will say this it is hard to get a nomination for a match director if no one from the planned host club show up at state.

Good luck with the match in El Paso and I hope to make it out your way soon.
Paul Freeman
Alvin, Tx
EL PUMA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EL PUMA »

Paul
I appreciate that, I hope when the politics settle down I will throw my name in the hat again. Roger was a great friend and mentor to several of the shooters in El Paso and what a better way to honor his memory than putting on a shooting match that he dearly loved. Look forward to see you soon.
Jose Luis
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Roger was also a great friend to a lot of us out here in Arizona! He always supported our matches, whether in Phoenix or Tucson. We miss him and we'll be honored to attend his memorial match!
Joaquin B
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

TwoBob

Re: 2013 TX State Highpower Silhouette Championships

New postby Bob259 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:13 am
If you can't make the TX state match there will be good Mexican food in El Paso Labor day weekend (Aug 31 & Sept 1st) at the Roger G. Parks Memorial Match :D The state of Texas :ymcowboy: will be having 2 great matches that weekend.
Anybody that has driven the great state of Texas knows that having two great matches on the same weekend is great!!!

El Paso has my choice for food!

Innocent

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Perfect shooting weather today, low 90's and calm for HP this morning and light breezes, 4-6 for SB this afternoon. Lots of good food and free beer after the match. The target setters are doing a great job, all day, they didn't slow down even late this afternoon and the score keepers/stat office have been busy too. The trophies are being spread around country with Lone Ringer winning some, several are going home to AZ as well. This shooter is tired and going to crash for a nights sleep before another great day tomorrow with Standard Rifle HP and SB.

Innocent M

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

The 1st Annual Rodger Parks Memorial was won by Marco Sanchez with a score of 110 from all four guns. Followed closely by Tony Lopez and Tony Tello (Lone Ringer) with scores of 109 and 108. Weather was gorgeous for the two days low 90's for high temps and upper 70's for low temps, almost no wind, very light breezes at the very end of standard smallbore this afternoon. Great descada last night, and fine burritos this morning for breakfast. Free beer and some of the fastest target setters I have ever seen, didn't even have time to get to the port-o-potties behind the range before they were calling the next relay up, Some great door prizes, including a Sanchez vest, barrels and gift certificates to many of our favorite sources of supplies! No cleaning kits though Sgt O'Ducky, a few caps but NO cleaning kits!!! The beautiful fishing rod rack (which could easily be modified to hold rifles) that was built by David Rodriguez was won by the Lopez's so Bob259 didn't have to ride home on the roof of Joy's truck! Although I am hearing rumors about Mikes Budweiser cooler costing some serious money to get home, I will admit I saw some serious cash flowing at the dinner table this evening, and something about shipping costs being a little high.

Innocent

Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

A great THANK YOU!!! To Joe, Frank, Marco, Roger's daughter and everyone who helped set-up and run the match. We all had a great time shooting and seeing friends. We will continue supporting the folks in El Paso on future events.
Joaquin B
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Joaquin B wrote:A great THANK YOU!!! To Joe, Frank, Marco, Roger's daughter and everyone who helped set-up and run the match. We all had a great time shooting and seeing friends. We will continue supporting the folks in El Paso on future events.
Ditto!! :ymapplause:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)