Dumb luck in action......

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Dumb luck in action......

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Last weekend, I rode my motorcycle with a small camp trailer over White Pass to Pe Ell to shoot the Washington State Hi-Power Silhouette Championships.... I had a great time, and, during the match, I mentioned that I was critically short of reloading components. The good people from Pe Ell/Chehalis fixed me up, and I left to go home Sunday with 8lbs of Varget and 500 107 S Mtkings in one saddlebag, and 8lbs of RL 22 and 500 142 S Mtkings in the other..... Approaching the summit of White Pass in late afternoon, I motorcycled into the angriest bank of storm clouds I've ever seen. In a blinding rainstorm, expecting lightning at any moment, it suddenly occurred to me that riding in a mountain thunderstorm with sixteen pounds of gun powder stashed in my saddlebags was perhaps not the smartest thing I've ever done!
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Dumb luck in action......

Post by OldRanger »

Glad they could fix you up. So who won the WA state HP championship?
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Personally, I have to do that sort of thing once in a while to keep my heart pumping...
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
yankee
A Poster
A Poster

Post by yankee »

You had nothing to worry about.
Just look at the last line of your post. Honor, Respect, Service and Humidity
peellgary
Unclassified Poster

Post by peellgary »

ERIC BOOS won
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

I often contemplate this sort of thing onagain. I was carrying around 32lbs of powder in my truck for about a week so that I could move it into my apartment under the cover of darkness (i.e. make sure the wife doesn't know that I sold my soul to powder valley again). After seeing a pretty nasty wreck I said screw it and brought it in when she was home and acted dumb when I got the incredulous look of schlepping 3 8lb kegs and 4 1lb canisters of 4350 up to my loft. =))

Glad you could make it over last weekend. I loved your bike/camping rig. Really nifty!
Res ipsa loquitur
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Bigfoot wrote:
Glad you could make it over last weekend. I loved your bike/camping rig. Really nifty!
Thanks! Comes in handy when you have to travel 400 miles to and from a match! Don't mind motels but they knock the hell out of a retired teacher's budget. The motorcycle camp trailer is proving to be a good idea; we hauled it 8500 miles this summer to North Carolina and back..... Now, if I can just figure out what to do about the curious cows in the field next to the range.... The cows ain't bad, but the bells around their necks drive me nuts! :D :D :shock: :shock: :D :D
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)