162 Amax available at Able Ammo

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
whale
A Poster
A Poster

162 Amax available at Able Ammo

Post by whale »

Hornady 162gr Amax 7mm bullets are available at Able Ammo. I just purchased 5 boxes. Wondering if I should have purchased a case?
Whale
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Re: 162 Amax available at Able Ammo

Post by whale »

I wound up purchasing 10 boxes or one case.
Whale
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

whale wrote:I wound up purchasing 10 boxes or one case.
Whale
Good call...there are now gone!
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Kinda what I thought Dennis.... Now he has enough for the next ten years of hp silhouette Ram loads or the next gun show..
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Post by whale »

Malinos,
No gun shows! Will shoot these bullets in no time. Have to keep the gunsmiths and barrel makers in business. My large order of 7mm and 22s from Sierra is a joke. I paid a thirty percent premium, and no employee can give a time table of production and shipping. BS! When I contact Berger I get a response within two days about production schedules and shipments to distributors. Also, Sierra sends one box at a time?!
Whale
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

I'm seeing 'no backorder' on about all match bullets from most online suppliers for some time now... and the $30-$40 box of 50 is just insane for the amount we send downrange.
On the other hand I've been impressed with the Nosler CC bullets in .30cal, very consistent and accurate. Me thinks if this keeps up might be launching 7mm 168 Nosler turkeys/rams and maybe a 145 Speer to pigs...or maybe it's time to start collecting some wheel weights :?
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Like I said we might be casting soon !!
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Post by whale »

DennisC,
I have been impressed with the Nosler AccuBonds. These will be my primary hunting bullets. I have looked at the Long Range AccuBonds, and decided to purchase a few boxes to try out. I will keep everyone posted with the results.
Whale
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Post by whale »

Received my shipment of Berger Match Bullets in .30 cal just like Berger said I would. It was nice to come home, and be told there is a package for you. Berger was correct with their shipping schedule.
Whale
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

whale wrote:DennisC,
I have been impressed with the Nosler AccuBonds. These will be my primary hunting bullets. I have looked at the Long Range AccuBonds, and decided to purchase a few boxes to try out. I will keep everyone posted with the results.
Whale
It's just that I miss so many animals of late, it is becoming harder to justify a high dollar bullet to kill dirt with...
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Post by whale »

DennisC,
I understand, but the cost will continue to climb for the foreseeable future I'm afraid. I think some members are correct about casting bullets. I don't know when the madness will end. This sport could potentially wind up being very expensive to compete in.
whale