_ _ _ _ Bandido's

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
ANTHONY G
B Poster
B Poster

_ _ _ _ Bandido's

Post by ANTHONY G »

Many years ago at the end of a High power silhouette match we played a game called (something Bandido's) Groups were formed based on your classifacation AAA would shoot turkeys ,A shooters would shoot pigs ETC. The object of the game is what group shot remaining silhouette's down the fastest. Does any member of steel chicken's remember the correct name and the rules.I would like to reintroduce the game at our rimfire leveraction match. Maybe it will spark some new shooters to silhouette shooting . Thanks Anthony G
ANTHONY G
Varn
A Poster
A Poster

Re: _ _ _ _ Bandido's

Post by Varn »

Anthony I believe it was TRES Banditos. We did it at the Southern Nationals when I was there in 2002. Might have been the Sunshine Classic too. I'm sure when David McLemore sees this he will be able to recite he rules. Mark Varner
ANTHONY G
B Poster
B Poster

Post by ANTHONY G »

Mark thanks for the reply. I could not think of the correct name. I remember one time at atglen my group had to shoot rams. Unfortunatly the rams at500 meters were partially obscured by fog. The sound of the rams getting hit was great fun . Again thanks for the info and hope more old time silhouette shooters chime in. Anthony G Rambuster
ANTHONY G
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Tres if you have 3 on a team............ The guys in CO play so many different combinations of animal set-ups it makes your head spinnnnnnnnnn.
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

We may make your head spin, but we have a lot of fun with it too.

I believe that is the main objective "To Shoot and Have Fun".

:D
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Yes we did shoot it at the classic match in Florida..we would set up 2 Rams, 2 Turkeys, 2 pigs and 1 chicken in the center at 100m and the teams of 3 shooters would see who could clean the bank the fastest.. we would also have a money shoot with a egg hanging on a string too....lots of fun
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Tres Banditos, of all the places I've shot the California Bandito match is the most fun. First the three man team, master is 5, AAA is 4 so on down the line, no team can go over 10 points. Then two turkeys, two pigs, and one chicken in the center is placed at 300m. Fastest team to knock the five animals down wins.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Try this link for the description of how we did this fun match. I cut the animals down to one of each and only had 2 shooters per team. It was big fun!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8011

Greg
ANTHONY G
B Poster
B Poster

Post by ANTHONY G »

Thanks to all who replyed. I have a question do you start the bandido's match with a shooter's to the line and a ready period then a fire command ?
yesterday sunday Nov 16 we shot a leveraction 22 rimfire match at colonial R/P in Staten Island NY. AT the setup I asked the shooters if they would like to try tress bandido's after the match. Most did not know the game however they wanted to try it out. They said afterwards they enjoyed the game. Ken johnson won the regular lever action match with a 36/40 good shooting ken.
kenny runs most of the silhouette matches at colonial and does a great job thanks ken.
Anthony G Rambuster
ANTHONY G
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Greg............ that would be dos bandidos. The way to go if you don't have a big turn-out.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Most of the time whoever is running the thing just says fire! Another thing that helps if you have a person behind each team to tell the guy running the match when all the animals are down, in some places there might be more than five teams shooting at one time and sometimes its a close finish and the guy running it can't watch all five or more at once. Some places its a money deal, at the California match its a plaque or a trophy deal! Started kicking the idea around for this years SB state match in Az, stay tuned!
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Jerry G,

Check the link....it is Dos Bandito's.